• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    johnebook
    Newest Member
    johnebook

February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's over. Hoping to get work done ahead of time and enjoy the mild weather when it gets here for good in later Spring. 

Yeah.... we done here. Bulbs popping up, buds on trees, grass is even greening up in places. I’m glad there is still a bunch of snow in moosefart NNE, but we are absolutely engaging in spring here, no doubt about it 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... we done here. Bulbs popping up, buds on trees, grass is even greening up in places. I’m glad there is still a bunch of snow in moosefart NNE, but we are absolutely engaging in spring here, no doubt about it 

Still snow here is Mass. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's over. Hoping to get work done ahead of time and enjoy the mild weather when it gets here for good in later Spring. 

Mentally, for you, yes...but you know the non-emotional more science part of you knows it’s not over. 

Well that NAM run is interesting for those in the chicken business. Spring comes in spurts with starts and stops. It's a very long month of ups and downs ahead.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Heavy?

Whatever it was it lasted about 5-6 sec or so and is being reported in five towns.

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Whatever it was it lasted about 5-6 sec or so and is being reported in five towns.

2.2 Sabitticus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

MetHerb just cut down all of his sugar maples.

Yeah, mother nature is telling me it's early spring.  Sap was flowing like a mo fo yesterday and today.  I tap every mid-February and everything is running (pardon the pun) on schedule.  With the exception of the lack of snow, temps look good for a great maple season.

I gotta laugh when I see 2.2 referred to as a good one.  Then again I spent 15 years in Southern California...

Just now, Lava Rock said:
37 minutes ago, dryslot said:
I think we just had an earthquake, FB and the scanner is blowing up

Didn't feel it here.

My biz partner lives in Sabattus and didn't feel anything............lol

38 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Mentally, for you, yes...but you know the non-emotional more science part of you knows it’s not over. 

If it comes, sure. But this winter can rot in hell. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I just want to use my grill. Alas, still partly buried. A few more days of this should open that area up

Dig it out. If I could dig mine out in 2015....no reason why you can’t. I love winter grilling. 

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I honestly can see how it ends even for him by mid - late Morch . Man buns melting revealing by then?

Yeah again... flow relaxation finally, but to no gain because the underpinning pattern remains... It's just a less fervent version of the same shit.  I was hoping with the AO toppling from +orbit to a mile above 0 SD ...  ( jesus ), together with relaxing/climo, might herald some sort of quasi-blocking/"bowling" option.

WRONG

Anyway, if anything I gotta wonder if the operational runs are too cold obsessed in the East with this layout- granted I don't know what the EPS looks like but ...this fits the tenor/season trend too well to ignore so I'd almost be willing to bet on relentless persistence/verification, and go ahead and assume if the EPS flags any other semblance than a butt poking it's full of shit...

image.thumb.png.3af2eb8067c390ebad615e1c8cb05637.pngBut well see.... 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah again... flow relaxation finally, but to no gain because the underpinning pattern remains... It's just a less fervent version of the same shit.  I was hoping with the AO toppling from +orbit to a mile above 0 SD ...  ( jesus ), together with relaxing/climo, might herald some sort of quasi-blocking/"bowling" option.

WRONG

Anyway, if anything I gotta wonder if the operational runs are too cold obsessed in the East with this layout- granted I don't know what the EPS looks like but ...this fits the tenor/season trend too well to ignore so I'd almost be willing to bet on relentless persistence/verification, and go ahead and assume if the EPS flags any other semblance than a butt poking it's full of shit...

image.thumb.png.3af2eb8067c390ebad615e1c8cb05637.pngBut well see.... 

This was a winter where if you forecast off persistence you’d get an A+. Sometimes that works. This winter it did 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dig it out. If I could dig mine out in 2015....no reason why you can’t. I love winter grilling. 

I mean it is not buried in a ton of snow but that side of the house is shaded in the afternoon.  I will def be using it once the time change comes 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Worst of my years in CT. Since 78. Maybe 89 was worse but that’s it

It actually feels like the worst Jan-Feb stretch, for me, since I arrived by boat in 1985 and settled in CNJ until moving to CT in 2011. No way anyone can put makeup on this trash...but March can sneak something in.  

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It actually feels like the worst Jan-Feb stretch, for me, since I arrived by boat in 1985 and settled in CNJ until moving to CT in 2011. No way anyone can put makeup on this trash...but March can sneak something in.  

I was born and in NJ in 72 and moved here in 78. Other than 89-90, this is worst . And it might be as bad

Maybe we can futility next season.  Partially kidding. Typically, the winter following a ratter of this magnitude performs well.   

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

For here at least 2011-2012 and 2015-16 were worse.   Both in total snow and events.  The October storm gives 2011 a special place though. 

I thought 2015-16 was better.  Fringed by the blizzard and good snows in March (and April).  But December through most of February was horrendous.  Coldest BOS day in 60 years on Valentine’s Day brings it up a notch.

• Like 1