• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2020

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think Horst has reached stage 1 on the throw-in-the-towel meter. He acknowledged today that while we might see a nuisance snow add onto our nuisance seasonal total...the chances of something significant are going...going...

We have 5 realistic weeks to score snow. Hopefully we can time up a lucky fluke event or two before true Spring arrives in April. 

Man, we sure are getting some crazy wind gusts right now. One just whistled through the bedroom windows like I've never heard before.

I may get my strongest winds pre-front from the south tonight as opposed to tomorrow after they shift. The valley my neighborhood sits in is open to the south, and somewhat sheltered by a V shaped ridge to our north, west, and east.

Changing over to snow now and down to 36.

This pic was at my parents 4 miles up the road in Bellwood taken a little while after the squall line (about 930pm). Piled up on the west side of the house. Wasn’t overly large stuff, more like large sleet pellets. I guess it could be more of a grapuel but it seemed like the pellets were clear and definitely not soft. It actually solidified pretty good since it was around 40 and water logged by the time I saw it. 

67DD10DD-DAD9-4195-8DDA-99748D82F0F6.thumb.jpeg.9d6e78c76d012112b96058d9c871f492.jpeg

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Wind is ripping this morning. The Laurel’s look like a rough drive by the looks of the 511 cams.

@ItstrainingtimeWhere do I collect the prize for my 100% prediction on measurable snow? Lol

87B8011A-D96B-40A5-9BD2-9809C1F9D445.thumb.jpeg.3d90b0bcae52677192a482ccf080dcf2.jpeg

Well done. :) I'll refer to this picture often today and live vicariously through your snow cover and pretend it's mine...

I did see multiple flashes of lightning and actually had one loud boomer last night with the squall line - it was purely rain here for me though.

Just now, paweather5 said:

Saw this posted in NY forum, this is really amazing that only one storm went under the Mason Dixon line this year. That storm staying way south at that. No coastal storms to speak of. 

This was a big point of my post a week or so ago....about what I would consider  low scores in model late MR or LR tracks (at least for PA) compared to what actually happened.  A lot of those that went over Southern or CentraI PA were shown under us 7-10 days out.  Not all the storms were cutters as a lot of them hit a wall when they got to our latitude but the amount of them that went almost right over us was extraordinaire to me.

14 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Looking at temps for the next 10 days really doesn't have me hopeful for any snow. 2019-20 might go down as one of the least snowiest seasons on record for harrisburg. After saturday the next 12 days after that don't even have low temps getting below freezing.

NWS has those charts which said as of Sunday saying it will be bottom 5 in history for Met winter.  

48 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This was a big point of my post a week or so ago....about what I would consider  low scores in model late MR or LR tracks (at least for PA) compared to what actually happened.  A lot of those that went over Southern or CentraI PA were shown under us 7-10 days out.  Not all the storms were cutters as a lot of them hit a wall when they got to our latitude but the amount of them that went almost right over us was extraordinaire to me.

14 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Looking at temps for the next 10 days really doesn't have me hopeful for any snow. 2019-20 might go down as one of the least snowiest seasons on record for harrisburg. After saturday the next 12 days after that don't even have low temps getting below freezing.

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

GONE!!

There's seemingly no evidence to suggest that at this point we simply cut our losses and move on. I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time doing that. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There's seemingly no evidence to suggest that at this point we simply cut our losses and move on. I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time doing that

Fixed and let me help you....

I'm out...........TTFN gang....

dont worry, you wont miss me too much.  Hopefully I'll be back.  This wasn't fun and I'm gettin tired to losing to the warmies, wherever they are.  Gonna go enjoy it all the same.  Bigger things to get upset about in life.  This surely isn't one of em.  Happy early spring peeps!  If i see a change, I'll come help post snowmaps for Blizz.  

gem-ens_z500a_us_41.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.png

Ensemble Mean AO Outlook