• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowIsMyName
    Newest Member
    SnowIsMyName

January 18, 2020 Mixed Event Obs

With our 1.8" of snow/sleet so far this is our "biggest" event of our winter season so far. Depending if we stay sleet with the next band maybe we can pass the 2" snow/sleet mark with this one. Of note we have now had 3.6" of snow so far here in January only 1.4" below normal 5.0" through today. Seasonal snowfall is at 5.6"  exactly 50% of our normal of 11.2" through today. Yet I received a message from a twitter follower today asking me why we are so low in snow this January against normal....I replied and told him we are one major snow event from being above normal for the season....stay tuned!

Currently here in East Nantmeal the sleet is getting heavier and as the IP gets heavier some more flakes are mixing in - temp continues to slowly rise up 1 degree in last hour and up to 26.5

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Pretty sure it has most of the day?

I wasn't paying tremendous attention to it, but one run a little earlier had rain up to the TP. But hey, what's 20 miles among weenies??

Back to all snow here in Bath. Wonder if it’ll stay that way for the rest of the storm. Some models showed a brief period of sleet but changed us back to snow.

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Have transitioned from ZR to sleet.  Temp is up to 28 here.  The atmospheric battle is underway.

radar46-01182020.png

So true. I went to 75% snow then slapped back to sleet. Hopefully a nice coating of snow before it ends....

38 minutes ago, RedSky said:

IP now with snow total .75" 

The now always popular bottom of the pile worst model snow output map verified again. 

Which one is that?  Seeing the GFS spit out those 5" readings was comical, given the result.  Bar none it seems to be almost completely worthless this season.

Just now, jwilson said:

Which one is that?  Seeing the GFS spit out those 5" readings was comical, given the result.  Bar none it seems to be almost completely worthless this season.

I think the RGEM 

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

All rain (freezing) here now, 31F. Would have been nice to have more, but we enjoyed it thoroughly. Nice to have it look wintry outside!

And you got your snow pile started. Will have to see if there was enough of a mound to have it saturate but maintain its shape and then freeze into a glacier to encourage more to pile on top. :lol:

• Like 1