Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid January/Mid February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s fine. So am I. Just don’t get emotionally invested.

I think it’s actually possible but would like to see that low a little farther East a little faster.

This is almost like wrap around and we know how that often goes.  This is moisture chasing cold as depicted.  

48 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Super Bowl is boring.  I’d rather look at weather maps.  

Brother, we have lost you. Seem to remember back in the dim time when frontal boundaries would move far enough to occasionally benefit the mid Atlantic. Maybe this will be one of those times. One more jump to the SE by the lp and we'll be in business. 

10 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Brother, we have lost you. Seem to remember back in the dim time when frontal boundaries would move far enough to occasionally benefit the mid Atlantic. Maybe this will be one of those times. One more jump to the SE by the lp and we'll be in business. 

I’m fading Wonderdog.  This winter has broken me like a circus elephant.  Still have a dim light lit for late Feb. but it’s not looking good. 

23 minutes ago, yoda said:

Quick frozen to rain for most probably 

While obviously acknowledging that it's not worth parsing details 84 hours out, that NAM solution verbatim at 12z Thursday has surface temps a few degrees below freezing in the local area, and even though the sfc high is shifting east across New England, surface winds in the mid-Atlantic are progged weak and from the northeast, suggesting a damming scenario that could persist well into Thursday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, high risk said:

While obviously acknowledging that it's not worth parsing details 84 hours out, that NAM solution verbatim at 12z Thursday has surface temps a few degrees below freezing in the local area, and even though the sfc high is shifting east across New England, surface winds in the mid-Atlantic are progged weak and from the northeast, suggesting a damming scenario that could persist well into Thursday.

Agree. I cant pull soundings on TT right now for some reason but surface is northerly and midlevel is WNW. It's a good setup for a long period of snow/mix/ice on the 12k NAM. Can't trust it but it provides some interesting things to look at and think about with future runs. We've backed out every single event this year as we approach the short range and this seems to be ripe for the same trends. The risk of trending warm/rainy over the next 2-3 days if far greater than trending cold/frozen. I'm personally not enthused.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Agree. I cant pull soundings on TT right now for some reason but surface is northerly and midlevel is WNW. It's a good setup for a long period of snow/mix/ice on the 12k NAM. Can't trust it but it provides some interesting things to look at and think about with future runs. We've backed out every single event this year as we approach the short range and this seems to be ripe for the same trends. The risk of trending warm/rainy over the next 2-3 days if far greater than trending cold/frozen. I'm personally not enthused.

Gfs and icon went warmer so yeah NAM being nam at range likely.