Total Members
    Most Online
    Waltzman
    Newest Member
    Waltzman

Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

7 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Anyone have totals from the NYC  area?

Visiting friends in Kipps Bay and seems to have just surpassed an inch. 

• Like 1

Just now, JustinRP37 said:

Figured it out. Tuckahoe area near Yonkers.

IMG_0943.jpeg

I have way more snow than that. Grass is all white going out to measure in 15 min

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

You can already see the 3km NAM is going to bust on sleet.  It had it further east than it is by 22Z 

Yeah the sleet line really isn't racing like a lot of people are reporting. And many areas behind enemy lines are still switching back to snow. 

You can already see the 3km NAM is going to bust on sleet.  It had it further east than it is by 22Z 
Yes the 3k was too aggressive with bringing sleet in. I think we hold off for a few more hours around the city. Looks like southern LI is still snow so that's a good sign.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Yeah the sleet line really isn't racing like a lot of people are reporting. And many areas behind enemy lines are still switching back to snow. 
Plus I think down there the sleet has a lot to do with low rates. When it gets heavier it goes back to snow. So I don't think it's a line racing NE at this point.

10 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Mixed precip and/or sleet is steadily moving our way. Some dynamic cooling may offset this at times, as is the case near the PA/NJ border now.

codnexlab.NEXRAD_DIX_N0C.20200118_2124.006ani.thumb.gif.70efbf70d9efcb21cf5c3c08eb2eab2e.gif

Any measurements by you?

Just now, Barman49 said:

Plus I think down there the sleet has a lot to do with low rates. When it gets heavier it goes back to snow. So I don't think it's a line racing NE at this point.

This

2 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

Yes the 3k was too aggressive with bringing sleet in. I think we hold off for a few more hours around the city. Looks like southern LI is still snow so that's a good sign.

I doubt we switch to sleet until it's basically winding down. 

7 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Approaching 2” here with moderate snow falling.

Great storm. I think NYC can squeeze 4” out of this.

I agree

These storms always come in faster than modeled 

1 minute ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Central Park 1.3 inches as of 4:00 PM

That’s higher than I thought they’d record.  I believe they only reported 0.08 liquid so the ratios were fairly high 

1 minute ago, wishcast_hater said:

I dropped off my Mother in law almost 2 hours ago and they had 1” before the lull. So it’s not out of the question . 

Just odd that 3 miles makes that big of a difference because it is sad right now in Tuckahoe.

40 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

HRRR never gets sleet into N Jersey until 10pm but it's just about over by then. I'll take my 3 or so and run with it.

Can't make this stuff up, since this model was showing a quick change to sleet much of the day - now I hope it's right, lol...like I just said on FB, I have no clue what's going to happen, so I'm going to continue going for walks and watching the kids sledding on the small hill across my street.  

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Can't make this stuff up, since this model was showing a quick change to sleet much of the day - now I hope it's right, lol...like I just said on FB, I have no clue what's going to happen, so I'm going to continue going for walks and watching the kids sledding on the small hill across my street.  
sn10_acc.us_ne.png&key=7d49808391a7155902863631032ce10b5fa5f66790e457e160e5b2fbfb4854da
Yup between last winter and the start of this one I'll take 3+.

14 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

Alright, if nothing else I got my fix

A671A87B-372F-485F-AD50-E6B9DE78D514.jpeg

Is that the Toro single stage that actually performs almost like a two stage? Forget the model...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Approaching 2” here with moderate snow falling.

Great storm. I think NYC can squeeze 4” out of this.

I doubt it.Just across for SI here and just about an inch and been snowing on and off since late morning.

• Like 1