Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe Brett should have stuck to punting. :lol: 

He did one of the biggest 180s I've seen....he was absolutely trashing this threat at 96 hours when we can see 100-200 mile moves pretty easily....and once we got inside 48 hours, he was all about the model movements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

He did one of the biggest 180s I've seen....he was absolutely trashing this threat at 96 hours when we can see 100-200 mile moves pretty easily....and once we got inside 48 hours, he was all about the model movements.

We may have to do welfare checks on him after tonight.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We may have to do welfare checks on him after tonight.

Lol.... it’s all good. I thought this had a chance to be a nice Se Mass special. But it seems this winter threats are going whatever way you don’t want them too. 

It’s a special Kind of suck that looking at radar this thing is going to miss everyone except jimmy 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

We don't have any posters from Marthas Vineyard or Nantucket do we? I've never seen anyone pop their head out from there but maybe some lurkers?

We used to have a poster "ack waves" from Nantucket, but I haven't seen him post in a long while.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol.... it’s all good. I thought this had a chance to be a nice Se Mass special. But it seems this winter threats are going whatever way you don’t want them too. 

It’s a special Kind of suck that looking at radar this thing is going to miss everyone except jimmy 

It was definitely worth watching down there...it wouldn't have shocked me if you had gotten like 3-4".....right now, I think the hope is now for like an inch or two there.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

ah yes, he has a house in Nantucket and Weymuth

He doesn’t live too far from me near the ocean I think. But he seems to get very mad when your cheer for storms and tries to guilt trip you about  someone’s home washing away. And my responses as a professional are, I plainly don’t give a shit.

• Haha 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

He doesn’t live too far from me near the ocean I think. But he seems to get very mad when your cheer for storms and tries to guilt trip you about  someone’s home washing away. And my responses as a professional are, I plainly don’t give a shit.

it's weird how words don't control or influence the weather.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He has issues wrestling with some of these ideas.

2 minutes ago, DFRI said:

Is central RI still in it at all (Kent County)???  Is 2" possible?

Yeah still possible there...though I'd probably lean C-1" right now....but 2" wouldn't be a total shock if a little band on the NW side set up. Just flurries also wouldn't be a total shock either.

• Like 1