Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there's been a gradient for sure. We drove through Milford center a few days ago when we still had full pack and it was mostly patches there. 

Winter hill in ORH is still full cover. This was yesterday when I took this. 

IMG_4273.JPG

That’s what it looked like here after the early dec storms.  Was a distant memory just a few days later with the torch and rains from the 9th-11th.

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Great start has stalled since mid-December.  Maybe the 8th pans out for a few but I’ll be waiting some time before anything else comes along after that.

We need the 8th otherwise this is quickly turning into a delicate winter where each chance has to pan out...because the look after is subpar. So far, we haven’t been able to trend systems favorably which good winters, for some reason, are able to.

Take these diamonds in a pile of turd and run.   Pattern is really bad but we have enough occasional local thread the needles to score.  I think the real pattern change to something resembling eastern winter occurs in February.   If we continue to see backsliding in the guidance 2 weeks from now we may have to pack this one in.

• Sad 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Weenies

It’s an easy indicator of the current state of winter affairs. Like, if no one paid attention this season and read your extrapolating nam post they’d either think James hacked into your acct or we are facing tough times that requires the king weenie met to do such a thing...or a little of both. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Take these diamonds in a pile of turd and run.   Pattern is really bad but we have enough occasional local thread the needles to score.  I think the real pattern change to something resembling eastern winter occurs in February.   If we continue to see backsliding in the guidance 2 weeks from now we may have to pack this one in.

Back in Oct my centre was very concerned about AK and West Coast troughing and you guys told me it would not persist. Well...

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Back in Oct my centre was very concerned about AK and West Coast troughing and you guys told me it would not persist. Well...

It didn’t persist.   It established itself late December this year.  First part of December was EPO and NAO.

I’m a pack fetish guy when it comes down to it. I love a winter landscape. I absolutely despise liquid precipitation and mud in the heart of winter. I’m cautiously excited for the midweek potential even though it will end up being stat padding as we wash it away a few days later. Tough to not see any sustained cold in the near term in fooking January.