• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6z gfs tried to show it too. I guess the overall trend like Will said has been more progressive and less quickly to wrap up. Shouldn’t be a surprise given the rather progressive flow. I suppose it could come back to more amplified, but that’s been the general trend for last 36 hours or so. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

6z gfs and euro aren’t far off. Kind of like this lobe of low pressure swinging through and then develops in Gulf of Maine. Won’t be a big event, but hopefully advisory. 

Yeah looks like a classic Tip NJ model fast mover that drops a quick 3-6"...maybe we get a weenie stripe of low end warning if lucky. Esp if it tries to bomb out just as its reaching the islands or so. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah looks like a classic Tip NJ model fast mover that drops a quick 3-6"...maybe we get a weenie stripe of low end warning if lucky. Esp if it tries to bomb out just as its reaching the islands or so. 

Yeah that’s how I see it. Hopefully we can grab some even here. Those solutions swinging wide near the outer cape would help limit marine inflow. 

43 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Less the 1” here since the 11th, so this has been an extended hiatus from any wintry precip

Wow, what a gradient, 100 mi to your WNW in Greenfield It has been almost continuous snow cover and currently we have 4 inch pack of absolute glacier with big plow piles all over town.   

That being said it is much different even just 10mi S of here so it has definitely a latitude gradient,  although those S interior areas did do very well in the big December storm. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We lost our cover here a couple days ago. But it's been mostly covered since early December. Maybe 7 days bare. 

I noticed about a week ago when I went from my office in Milford up to Hopkinton on rt 85, as soon as I got across 495 there was snow on the ground.

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, what a gradient, 100 mi to your WNW in Greenfield It has been almost continuous snow cover and currently we have 4 inch pack of absolute glacier with big plow piles all over town.   

That being said it is much different even just 10mi S of here so it has definitely a latitude gradient,  although those S interior areas did do very well in the big December storm. 

Great start has stalled since mid-December.  Maybe the 8th pans out for a few but I’ll be waiting some time before anything else comes along after that.

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I noticed about a week ago when I went from my office in Milford up to Hopkinton on rt 85, as soon as I got across 495 there was snow on the ground.

Yeah there's been a gradient for sure. We drove through Milford center a few days ago when we still had full pack and it was mostly patches there. 

Winter hill in ORH is still full cover. This was yesterday when I took this. 

IMG_4273.JPG