Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM was pretty cold down in CT. Usually that's the model to check in SWFE if you're looking for big warm nose early on in the event. I would not be forecasting almost no snow down there. 

I’ve noticed inside 18 hours of the NAM is warm at 850 it’s right. In this presser it’s not .. so you can infer from that , that the warm tongue on the FV3 is not correct and a Euro/ HRRR solution is much more viable 

• Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve noticed inside 18 hours of the NAM is warm at 850 it’s right. In this presser it’s not .. so you can infer from that , that the warm tongue on the FV3 is not correct and a Euro/ HRRR solution is much more viable 

Well if the 18z euro comes in warmer, might be time for dumbfounding solutions. 

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You mean the posters from CT, one from MA, one from NH and one from ME?  Should I add one from VT to round out most of New England :lol:?

Most VT, Northwestern, MA, Central NH, and ME, most of the northern peeps. Short range models are the way to go right now bank on it. I've seen this situation before.

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Most VT, Northwestern, MA, Central NH, and ME. Short range models are the way to go right now bank on it. I've seen this situation before.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or referencing.  What short range over mid-range?  Stop looking at the Euro and go with the HRRR type advice?

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or referencing.  What short range over mid-range?  Stop looking at the Euro and go with the HRRR type advice?

Idk what he’s talking about either. The models benefiting the areas he mentioned benefit him as well. It’s not like I’m going to jack here.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I said the short range models. You just assumed the Euro and just named the HRRR which is a short range model which I just stated. You seem a little confused.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You mean the posters from CT, one from MA, one from NH and one from ME?  Should I add one from VT to round out most of New England :lol:?

Whenever i see a post with a bunch of weenies on it, i just add one it's fun to pig pile like that. Or if a post has a weenie, a wow, a confused, a thanks...ill add a sad just to try to make the whole gamut of emotions

Edit: I only see one heart and one weenie....you can do better than that...

Edit 2: getting better...one confused, i like those

Edit 3: we're gettin close, just need a thanks and a sad...maybe a few more weenies too for the fire

Edit 4: A sad face and we've made it

Edit 5: We have arrived, i'm so proud of this community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 4

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve been noticing on the ICON it’s had a weenie band of snow on the south coast the past few runs, then a gap before getting to the main band.  

You wonder if S.CT runs off a quick 3-4” before the mid level warmth starts to accelerate north before hitting another wall near the Pike?

5550C3A9-05F7-4E61-84A5-9AE4AEAFB37B.thumb.png.c818494d6df554bf1cbc3a33bd08ff5a.png

what other models hint at this? May be an artifact of precip type algorithms

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well we have short range models that are split more north and south and we have medium range models split as well. So I guess we’re just wondering what exactly it is you’re thinking.

All I was really getting at was it more logical at this time span to use the Mesoscale models then the Global models GFS, CMC, ICON (If anybody really uses it at all). Hell, I'll check at 18Z and 0z to see what the Euro shows but mostly I would stick to the Mesos at this stage. JMHO.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

what other models hint at this? May be an artifact of precip type algorithms

Yeah definitely could be.  There have been runs over the past couple days with a finger of fronto at a lower latitude before the mid levels start warming.  Snow Goose has been talking about it too but more for his NYC area....that someone south could conceivably see a narrow axis of more snow than a latitude above them.  Just discussing possibilities.  Depends on when the real mid level push of the warm nose comes.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah definitely could be.  There have been runs over the past couple days with a finger of fronto at a lower latitude before the mid levels start warming.  Snow Goose has been talking about it too but more for his NYC area....that someone south could conceivably see a narrow axis of more snow than a latitude above them.  Just discussing possibilities.  Depends on when the real mid level push of the warm nose comes.

Yeah I remember reading that post. Not sure I'd forecast that without some OMS though

Just a great night to be a weenie. Nothing like prepping for a winter storm by munching on edibles and watching/reading anxiety pour onto keyboards amongst my fellow brethren’s as regardless of what transpires...it will feel and look like winter tomorrow. Fights will break out as to which model won, it always happens. Someone will get skunked, it always happens. It just better not be me or I’ll berate a mothufukkan nws office or strangle my neighbors cat, just enough to relieve some anger but not enough to kill...cuz I love animals. Just a great night to be a weenie. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah I remember reading that post. Not sure I'd forecast that without some OMS though

Oh I definitely wouldn’t forecast it... but I do think these SWFE have them often.  It could be in NCT instead but you often get that initial fronto band that’s running W-E and sort of stationary for a couple hours before the real isentropic lift moves in and then it goes classic SWFE with precip moving SW to NE.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Snow goose was talking about what could have occurred this afternoon.  Everthing pushed back in time and consolidated since them. Enjoy your Arctic upslope dumper. That should give you those Kuchera numbers you posted.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just a great night to be a weenie. Nothing like prepping for a winter storm by munching on edibles and watching/reading anxiety pour onto keyboards amongst my fellow brethren’s as regardless of what transpires...it will feel and look like winter tomorrow. Fights will break out as to which model won, it always happens. Someone will get skunked, it always happens. It just better not be me or I’ll berate a mothufukkan nws office or strangle my neighbors cat, just enough to relieve some anger but not enough to kill...cuz I love animals. Just a great night to be a weenie. 

Just sayin..

Noticing a marked warming trend at 850 on the HRRR, it seems to have halted this current run though. QPF cut back a bit as well

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Snow goose was talking about what could have occurred this afternoon.  Everthing pushed back in time and consolidated since them. Enjoy your Arctic upslope dumper. That should give you those Kuchera numbers you posted.

Ahhh ok thanks...yeah I was just thinking your area could get in on it too.  Almost like convergence along a stationary front before the approaching system turns it into a warm front lifting north.