Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Wednesday 12/11 SNE Snow Threat

The 4 Seasons

1 minute ago, eduggs said:

Was that C - 1" forecast I saw for all of CT ever updated?  That rivaled the worst forecasts I've ever seen.  :lol:  Ballsy speculation but stupid forecast.  Thank god that guy doesn't forecast for anything that matters.  Classic case of trying to beat science/math with emotion.  Guidance showed several tenths frozen behind the front for days.  Overall this was pretty well modeled from the mid-range.  Congrats to those who scored a bit this morning.  Here in SENY it was  generally 1 - 5" depending on elevation.  A nice little event in any month.

Jeez agressive much? Everyone makes bad calls or gets it wrong in this field. It happens, give him a break.

21 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Was that C - 1" forecast I saw for all of CT ever updated?  That rivaled the worst forecasts I've ever seen.  :lol:  Ballsy speculation but stupid forecast.  Thank god that guy doesn't forecast for anything that matters.  Classic case of trying to beat science/math with emotion.  Guidance showed several tenths frozen behind the front for days.  Overall this was pretty well modeled from the mid-range.  Congrats to those who scored a bit this morning.  Here in SENY it was  generally 1 - 5" depending on elevation.  A nice little event in any month.

Ugly dumb post. There is no need.

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Steve, good call overall. This turned out more widespread with 3-5 and a lolli to 6. Esp from about Hubby to KBED on south. 

Thanks but you know I do it for fun no glory. I just am happy everyone saw snow that basically got shut out on the coast last time. It's a tough crowd here and I didn't mean to upset anyone but I just saw Short wave enhancement and not what was called anafront. There was a bit of anafront but mostly shortwave enhancements. Gonna enjoy the views today while I can lol

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

SE MA catching up for sure. Some final lift pushing through, but fighting dry air coming in as well. Should still add up in those areas that shut off to maybe another 0.5"?

Brimfield with a 6 from a trained spotter.  Also 

Worcester County...
Rutland 6.8 840 AM 12/11 Ham Radio
Holden 5.8 700 AM 12/11 Trained Spotter
Sterling 5.3 548 AM 12/11 Ham Radio

39 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Eduggs melted...

30 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Jeez agressive much? Everyone makes bad calls or gets it wrong in this field. It happens, give him a break.

I just hope he learns from it.  The model algorithms that estimate QPF, although the least reliable parameter, still "understand" and incorporate physics vastly more accurately than amateur or even professional meteorologists.  

Just now, eduggs said:

I just hope he learns from it.  The model algorithms that estimate QPF, although the least reliable parameter, still "understand" and incorporate physics vastly more accurately than amateur or even professional meteorologists.  

Well not always. We had an event in Mar 2015 that wasn't far off. Models way too generous near BOS with snow for the same reason. But this one had better dynamics in the same area. 

Just now, eduggs said:

Low blow bullshit post you made though. WTF. There isnt a person on here who even trained gets it right all the time. What was your call? I mean cmon man 

• Like 2

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Low blow bullshit post you made though. WTF. There isnt a person on here who even trained gets it right all the time. What was your call? I mean cmon man 

There's too much gambling and gut "calls" is "meteorology." It does a disservice to professional forecasters who have a lot riding on their decisions.  Stupid "calls" should be called out for what they are.  And as far as I can tell (been following this thread for days), you guys really dropped the ball in this regard.  

My call was model consensus.  It worked out very well this time and almost always beats human forecasters.

Just now, eduggs said:

There's too much gambling and gut "calls" is "meteorology." It does a disservice to professional forecasters who have a lot riding on their decisions.  Stupid "calls" should be called out for what they are.  And as far as I can tell (been following this thread for days), you guys really dropped the ball in this regard.  

My call was model consensus.  It worked out very well this time and almost always beats human forecasters.

Um I had 3 to 6 for 4 days, which thread where you following again?