• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie Ace
    Newest Member
    Maggie Ace

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve done it before, but not sure why it’s doing it now. 

I get that if i turn my phone to take the pic or use to anyways, I just screen shot them now and crop them then post.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Didn't the PNS have BOS at 7.1"......their F6 and CLI data shows 5.9" for the storm.

Same thing for BDR. The PNS says 2.1 but the CLI says 2.8 (.7+2.0+0.1). I went with the CLI in this case because i know thats correct

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

@dryslot

I was told this one is not as accurate but the color coding is so much easier on the eyes. 

I just think it's easier to read and see the snow depth at a glance rather than squinting and referring back and forth to the legend.

sd1_today.jpg

You were told correctly, I've got use to the other one over the years just as a reference when picking spots to ride (snowmobile) late in the season, More about the darker colored areas to head too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dryslot said:

image.png.af941bfbc32e61c116cf0ddc7391fcf1.pngimage.png.2c7acdb035f27f11667636629a7ab909.png

Round 1 winners obvious in SNE/CNE

Despite my location's ability to build and hold pack, it's currently (and mapped accurately) surrounded 360° by deeper snow, one level more to the south and 2 levels to the north.  (Farmington's "square" lies almost exactly centered between the N tip of NH and the head of Penobscot Bay.)

We finished with 2.8" from 0.25" LE, ratio 11:1.  First all snow event this season other than a 0.1" dusting.  Had a smattering of graupel near the end, but that's a snow form IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

@dryslot

I was told this one is not as accurate but the color coding is so much easier on the eyes. 

I just think it's easier to read and see the snow depth at a glance rather than squinting and referring back and forth to the legend.

sd1_today.jpg

They yellow shading color needed to be slightly further southeast into the Western Essex and Southeastern Middlesex County in Massachusetts on that map. Yesterday I had just shy of 19.0" with about 16.0" of snow on the ground in Wilmington, MA. So this map is better to look at but accuracy needs to be very slightly improved.

14 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Funky looking but this is it, the final snowfall map for CT, entire storm vs. FX. Any additions or corrections let me know.

Source: PNS & AMWX

12_03.19_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.e790b6326584ac48d0849f57572aa550.jpg

11_30.19_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.2faeeedd7986784a5b9b7a613745c558.jpgI think 17 is more representative number for Enfield as the towns along the border to the east and west both reported 17 and I reported 17.75, but I know Sugarloaf on the south side of town only reported 15. 

I'm going to go with a B- for the state of Connecticut.

Ranges were fine, southern ct, sw ct and w ct verified fine.

Should have went with a S to N gradient instead of SE to NW and added a 12-18 to the north. 

12_03.19_snow_totals.thumb.jpg.e92a41485d79ea7f8202c2b67645c93f.jpg11_30.19_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.f9f5ac7a561165b384eda759d9dd18f9.jpg

I wasn't entirely happy with the first cut of the storm totals map, aesthetically and accuracy wise. I missed that 2.7 in Northern New London county and falsely included it in the 3-6" range.

I've also added a few more reports and changed the Enfield # to 17" @CTValleySnowMan

Here's the latest update, probably the last too.

12_03.19_snow_totals_update.thumb.jpg.81c0bdc8ea6995e614ae75b0263e7fe3.jpg

• Like 1

I can't believe I haven't shared my final total. Ended up with 10.2", with some pretty heavy rates Tuesday morning. Really happy with it overall. Looking forward to more on Wednesday.