• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

December 2019

On 12/24/2019 at 9:41 PM, psv88 said:

We do have proof because its happening now. Each year is warmer than the last (essentially). 

I will be direct. Why deny? What is the motivation? Is it simply because it is a cause supported by liberals? Is there something else? I really dont understand why people deny, unless they work for the fossil fuel industry. 

If you believe averaged or adjusted worldwide figures seemingly made to order, yes.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:49 PM, sussexcountyobs said:

I do not call science a hoax. Don't twist words. I called man made climate change a hoax. And again, 113 yrs is a very , very short time period to talk about global temperatures. 100, or 1,000 yrs is a blip on the Earth's clock.

and for most of Earth's history, the climate was inhospitable for humans

On 12/24/2019 at 9:35 PM, SHELEG said:

This is incorrect. Yes we know greenhouse gases cause the earth to retain its heat in a controlled environment but we have no proof to how the atmosphere would respond on a global scale.In fact there have been centuries which had more CO2 in the environment than we have now with less warming

sure, because it's not just CO2, it's also methane.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, sussexcountyobs said:

I Do not wish that. You said once people like me, the deniers, die off. Pretty intolerant for a millennial liberal. Like I said, Karma is a bitch.

you'd be a lot happier and healthier on clean energy.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:09 PM, psv88 said:

Yea. Agreed, climate change is simply poor countries trying to shake down rich countries. It's incredible how poor countries have managed to employ tens of thousands of scientists and alter data in their favor to try and squeeze a few bucks out of the rich countries. 

Unless...you are completely wrong and the chosen remedy is not a transfer of wealth. It is self-regulation by individual countries, closing coal power plants, etc. Just this week, a court in the netherlands (where my family is from) ordered the country to cut emissions, on the basis of human rights. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50864569

No transfer of wealth there. 

But, who needs facts when they have Tucker, am i right?

Denmark is also pretty progressive, they are going to be 100% fossil fuel free soon, they have one of the largest solar and wind farms in the world.  NY is headed in the same direction fortunately, we've banned new pipelines and there's a ban on fracking.  

On 12/24/2019 at 9:04 PM, SHELEG said:

Climate change is a scientific theory. Not a proven fact.  denying climate does not = calling science a hoax.

Oh you mean like the theory of evolution?

In science "theory" doesn't mean what you think it means.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:56 PM, sussexcountyobs said:

You must be joking?

dying is a natural thing- he's just quoting Max Planck.  Once people with old ideas die off they get replaced with people with new ideas- it's how nature works.

When that generation looks back they will laugh at the deniers of this one.  They already are.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, psv88 said:

Definitely not joking. I have no hard feelings, once deniers die off, the younger generations will do what needs to be done. Green parties around the world are swelling in numbers, massive gains in Europe, the younger generation cares about the environment because it is their inheritance. 

I dont blame you or others of your ilk. Just like i don't blame anti-vaxxers, or liberals who are crazy about GMOS, etc. People will believe what they want to believe. I believe that in the end, the truth always prevails. Maybe i am the moron, but i am willing to take that risk of action over inaction. 

we see that now already with the dairy and meat industries being replaced with plant-based dairy and plant-based meat.... and thats a GREAT thing.  The industries no longer have the influence they once did and only older people buy their products anymore because of their health effects and the impact they have on the environment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Planck#Quantum_mechanics

Further work only cemented quantum theory, even against his and Einstein's philosophical revulsions. Planck experienced the truth of his own earlier observation from his struggle with the older views in his younger years: "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."[30]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/business/borden-dairy-bankruptcy/index.html

it's good to see the dairy industry go bankrupt

On 12/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, psv88 said:

Definitely not joking. I have no hard feelings, once deniers die off, the younger generations will do what needs to be done. Green parties around the world are swelling in numbers, massive gains in Europe, the younger generation cares about the environment because it is their inheritance. 

I dont blame you or others of your ilk. Just like i don't blame anti-vaxxers, or liberals who are crazy about GMOS, etc. People will believe what they want to believe. I believe that in the end, the truth always prevails. Maybe i am the moron, but i am willing to take that risk of action over inaction. 

The issues I and others have about GMOs is that we dont want large companies to be able to copyright nature and then to sue people whose lands they blow onto- but we now have new tech that replaces GMO that is far better and does not need any pesticides.  I also like universities and nonprofits developing tech far more than companies like the (former) Monsanto which has a pretty dark history and got sued into oblivion. Well now that's on Bayer's dirty hands lol.