Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I will take pointless cold over pointless heat any day of the week.  The latter offers no value whatsoever.  At least with pointless cold, you can get pond skating, ice fishing, snow-making.

With pointless heat, all you get is people sweating and smelling more.

You can do a lot more reasonably with heat vs cold. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You can do a lot more reasonably with heat vs cold. 

Yeah I agree... the vast majority of humans would rather walk outside at 90/70 (as unpleasant as that is) than 10/-10.

With that said, I do think the historical perspective helps with this early season cold.  Just like if it's going to be hot in summer, it might as well have some historical meaning :lol:.

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol, you're a hard dude to figure out sometimes.  In the summer you'll go all on about how folks don't enjoy the meteorological nuances of temperatures and whether it gets to 97F or 101F.  Then you get the chance to talk about those same possible record cold early season temperatures and it's "yawn".

BTW, I'm just busting your balls ;).

Maybe because there's nothing to figure out ;)

I'm just stating reality -

I said, yay, cool to see 10 F in Novemeber.  But, it's still missed opportunities for the storm enthusiasts, too.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe because there's nothing to figure out ;)

I'm just stating reality

Well, the wink is presumably a bit of a nod to the situation, but LOL... come on.  As much as your posts are eloquently written and based in science, they are awash in subjective weenie passion that can be challenging to figure out.  I don’t think it necessarily needs to be perceived as an unwanted struggle, but in each post it’s as if the scientist in you and the weather weenie in you are engrossed in this sort of battle, with the scientist trying to dispassionately get his work done at the bench while the weenie keeps poking his head in and writing these little textual jabs and emotional side notes between the lines that are in indelible ink and can’t be removed in the final draft for submission.  The end result is typically quite intriguing, but definitely takes some figuring by the reader.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I agree... the vast majority of humans would rather walk outside at 90/70 (as unpleasant as that is) than 10/-10.

With that said, I do think the historical perspective helps with this early season cold.  Just like if it's going to be hot in summer, it might as well have some historical meaning :lol:.

Yeah I like anomalies either way. I do enjoy cold and snow though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We need Jspin and Tip to get into more battles. :popcorn:

Battles ...?  I was just in the process of thumbs upping that post - haha...

He nailed it.

I never said once that I didn't get annoyed by the weather - I just believe I have a better self-control and use that in a devious way.  Lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Well, the wink is presumably a bit of a nod to the situation, but LOL... come on.  As much as your posts are eloquently written and based in science, they are awash in subjective weenie passion that can be challenging to figure out.  I don’t think it necessarily needs to be perceived as an unwanted struggle, but in each post it’s as if the scientist in you and the weather weenie in you are engrossed in this sort of battle, with the scientist trying to dispassionately get his work done at the bench while the weenie keeps poking his head in and writing these little textual jabs and emotional side notes between the lines that are in indelible ink and can’t be removed in the final draft for submission.  The end result is typically quite intriguing, but definitely takes some figuring by the reader.

The "wink" emoji's are condescending in most usages.   It only adds to that "tone" when being winked out by someone whose interpretation isn't correct -

As far as the other stuff, I don't actually claim to not be affected by the weather in an emotional or spiritual way. Never have. However, I do go on record as having better self-control in not allowing it to really "get to me" in the same way that is oft palpable in the regulars here - who clearly use this social media platform as a support group. 

Kidding a little there, but, nothing I said is untrue in the previous post.  So, be that as it may... sometimes I do like to use the truth as a weapon - because it really just exposes the delusion that exists in the reader. The reader shouldn't be reading in, in that way in many cases as well.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The "wink" emoji's are condescending in most usages.   I don't like being winked out by someone who interpretation isn't correct -

As far as the other stuff, I don't actually claim to not be affected by the weather in an emotional or spiritual way. Never have. I do go on record as having better self-control in not allowing it to really "get to me" in the same way that is oft palpable in the regulars here - who clearly use this social media platform as a support group. 

Kidding a little there, but, nothing I said is untrue in the previous post.  So, be that as it may... sometimes I do like to use the truth as a weapon - because it really exposes that the delusion that exists in the reader

;)

It's actually amazing outside if people let it...

52 here with near full sun is sensibly quite the balmy blast after 48 hours of nascent acclimation to dry uninspired cold.

Almost makes me wish it'd just stay this way.  I am starting - admittedly - to get into that middle age tendency to reflect in futility .. pretty much about everything in reality for that matter. But, sun rise ... sun sets, seasons in seasons out - it does all get a bit repetitive.   Really the best word for it.  The older we get and integrate memory engrams, the harder it is to challenge those experiences, those types of events whose standard deviation exceeds one's personal data set; they must also by definition get increasingly rarefied.  Been there - done that.  

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

10 to 16 for ski area base to top, upslope too could add 2 to 4 to that up high

Hopefully!  I think the synoptic portion of the storm will be pretty uniform without a big elevation gradient...even between BTV and the mountain could be pretty similar with the mid-level lift.  

In fact I really like the Northern Champlain Valley in this....mid-level fronto sort of pivots there and northerly surface winds causing Champlain Valley convergence... surface convergence under mid-level lift, they may rip some good rates for a while as that rotates from BTV north.