Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Asking for a friend (wife)......

She's scheduled to drive from ORH to Saratoga, NY.  She's planning to leave ORH at 5:00.  I'm thinking she won't have anything (rain or other) until she's essentially in Saratoga.  What time would you anticipate any precipitation to wind down out there?

She's leery of the drive both ways and a college campus tour they have planned out there on Tuesday.

Thanks.

The roads should be treated, but I’m sure they’ll be some snow or sleet near and north of Albany. Maybe even a touch of ice in the berks. But I don’t see this as anything out of the ordinary. Precip is done by lunch Tuesday out there. I wouldn’t even think twice about travel. Just use common sense and not drive crazy. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The roads should be treated, but I’m sure they’ll be some snow or sleet near and north of Albany. Maybe even a touch of ice in the berks. But I don’t see this as anything out of the ordinary. Precip is done by lunch Tuesday out there. I wouldn’t even think twice about travel. Just use common sense and not drive crazy. 

I’m never worried about my driving in snow, it’s everyone else on the roads lacking common sense in it. When people tailgate in snow (happens too often) I just want to go all Wizzy on them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m never worried about my driving in snow, it’s everyone else on the roads lacking common sense in it. When people tailgate in snow (happens too often) I just want to go all Wizzy on them. 

That’s what I always say. I’m only as good as the idiot next to me. I enjoy driving in the snow actually. It’s not hard, but in general humans are stupid so we look in the rear view mirror constantly  lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

ORH could break its record low high on Weds?

Unless there's a huge short term shift in guidance, it is almost a certainty. Not just break it, but obliterate it. Record is 32F. 

There's at shot at the record low min too...but a little tougher. 15F is the record. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My wife's plane from Omaha arrives at PVD at 750 pm. Hope you are right

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good to see Kevin drastically slashed his 2-4 back to 1-2. Inch seems like a decent chance there.

He’s been hammering the little snow reverse psychology all week and when that didn’t work he had to go back into weenie wishcast mode. The emotions run deep.

• Haha 1

If you're into the temperature depths as an empirical oddity sure...

Otherwise, pointless cold -

This is/has been a pointless stretch for storm enthusiasts ... by and large.  Pretty remarkable that such a strong H.A. and corrective look failed .. .But, it sort of didn't fail too, because well, there is a precipitation event.  Joke.  There'll be some imby-driven dissent on that idea, of course... central NE and whatever, but while they gloat, they'll be blissfully unaware that everywhere got subjected to cold unutilized in greater proportion to whatever this pos doles out. 

Otherwise, yayyyy -  we got our 10 F in November yet again.  Pretty cool -

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is/has been a pointless stretch for storm enthusiasts ... by and large.  Pretty remarkable that such a strong H.A. and corrective look failed .. .But, it sort of didn't fail too, because well, there is a precipitation event.  Joke.  There'll be some imby-driven dissent on that idea, of course... central NE and whatever, but while they gloat, they'll be blissfully unaware that everywhere got subjected to cold unutilized in greater proportion to whatever this pos doles out. 

You’re preaching to the choir with me. We have 5 months of this frigid crap to go through. I don’t need it in early November as well. But the weather don’t care.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

lol, you're a hard dude to figure out sometimes.  In the summer you'll go all on about how folks don't enjoy the meteorological nuances of temperatures and whether it gets to 97F or 101F.  Then you get the chance to talk about those same possible record cold early season temperatures and it's "yawn".

BTW, I'm just busting your balls ;).

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I will take pointless cold over pointless heat any day of the week.  The latter offers no value whatsoever.  At least with pointless cold, you can get pond skating, ice fishing, snow-making.

With pointless heat, all you get is people sweating and smelling more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1