Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2019 New England Banter and Disco

NorEastermass128

On 11/17/2019 at 6:10 AM, moneypitmike said:

Wow--Glad you're okay.

Where'd that happen?  Funny about your shouting/police.

It happened at the intersection of Colrain St and Elm st, not far from that Comcast office right before Main St (Mohawk Trail).   Full on ran a red light no brakes and luckily only got our front end. He then ran up to the officers, admitting it when they got there!  Had to be texting or otherwise completely distracted by something.  I was a little surprised the responding officers didn't get close to him for a sobriety assessment.   They told us he was getting cited though for reckless.

He was very polite, apologetic and freaked out.  I may have come across a little upset at first.

I hope it doesn't fuk his bosses insurance but I had to go to the doctor today because I was still a little hurting.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It happened at the intersection of Colrain St and Elm st, not far from that Comcast office right before Main St (Mohawk Trail).   Full on ran a red light no brakes and luckily only got our front end. He then ran up to the officers, admitting it when they got there!  Had to be texting or otherwise completely distracted by something.  I was a little surprised the responding officers didn't get close to him for a sobriety assessment.   They told us he was getting cited though for reckless.

He was very polite, apologetic and freaked out.  I may have come across a little upset at first.

I hope it doesn't fuk his bosses insurance but I had to go to the doctor today because I was still a little hurting.

Oh man glad you guys are ok. Keep an eye on that little hurting. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh man glad you guys are ok. Keep an eye on that little hurting. 

I know, back stuff when you are over 50... but yeah, I'll watch it.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Glad you’re ok hippy. That stuff is scary man. 

The hard part, as long as you are not badly injured, is always the after accident emotional ptsd.  Dropping and picking the kid up from school today I was so stressed/cautious at intersections.  That will fade with time but still sucks.  

39 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know, back stuff when you are over 50... but yeah, I'll watch it.

The hard part, as long as you are not badly injured, is always the after accident emotional ptsd.  Dropping and picking the kid up from school today I was so stressed/cautious at intersections.  That will fade with time but still sucks.  

Glad your ok, And yes, Keep an eye on your pain, Sometimes these things will linger and create bigger problems later on.

10 hours ago, dryslot said:

Glad your ok, And yes, Keep an eye on your pain, Sometimes these things will linger and create bigger problems later on.

Yup.  Had my 1st (and worst) back spasm about 39 years ago and still get occasional twinges.  That also stemmed from a collision, in our case a pickup vs. a fully-loaded log truck, with predictable results.  My non-displaced leg fracture led to a month with a walking cast - one leg 3" longer than the other - punctuated by the muscle spasm a couple days before the cast came off.  (And 30 years later when a herniated disc in my neck led to my barely being able to walk or tie my shoes, I got a plate and 4 screws to fix things.  My neurosurgeon and I both trace the spinal stenosis back to that crash.  My fusion surgery was very similar to that done on Peyton Manning, so the only differences between us were 30 years and $100+ million.)

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yup.  Had my 1st (and worst) back spasm about 39 years ago and still get occasional twinges.  That also stemmed from a collision, in our case a pickup vs. a fully-loaded log truck, with predictable results.  My non-displaced leg fracture led to a month with a walking cast - one leg 3" longer than the other - punctuated by the muscle spasm a couple days before the cast came off.  (And 30 years later when a herniated disc in my neck led to my barely being able to walk or tie my shoes, I got a plate and 4 screws to fix things.  My neurosurgeon and I both trace the spinal stenosis back to that crash.  My fusion surgery was very similar to that done on Peyton Manning, so the only differences between us were 30 years and $100+ million.)

lol, They have come a long ways on surgical procedures but still not to where i'm ready for one, I have to many issues to overcome where i would be comfortable having it done, Unfortunately in your instance its by necessity and if came down to that for me then i would have to have them attempt a fix, I'm careful to what i can do and no my limits.

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

lol, They have come a long ways on surgical procedures but still not to where i'm ready for one, I have to many issues to overcome where i would be comfortable having it done, Unfortunately in your instance its by necessity and if came down to that for me then i would have to have them attempt a fix, I'm careful to what i can do and no my limits.

Necessary for sure.  After looking at my MRI, my PCP said one wrong fall could mean quadriplegia, and the neurosurgeon added that the stenosis was probably high enough to affect breathing.  Post-op I regained 80-90% of strength and maybe 70% of balance - still have to be careful walking thru the woods.  At least the titanium has yet to trigger airport security.

Just now, tamarack said:

Necessary for sure.  After looking at my MRI, my PCP said one wrong fall could mean quadriplegia, and the neurosurgeon added that the stenosis was probably high enough to affect breathing.  Post-op I regained 80-90% of strength and maybe 70% of balance - still have to be careful walking thru the woods.  At least the titanium has yet to trigger airport security.

Oye, Yeah, I have already stepped on a branch while hunting with my left foot that raised it off the ground on the right and caught it with my toe of the right foot and almost went down which certainly didn't help ou my back situation, I don't venture far from the chair these days because of this that can happen walking with a lot of ground clutter.

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Oye, Yeah, I have already stepped on a branch while hunting with my left foot that raised it off the ground on the right and caught it with my toe of the right foot and almost went down which certainly didn't help ou my back situation, I don't venture far from the chair these days because of this that can happen walking with a lot of ground clutter.

"Favored" causes of falling, for me: 
--Stepping on a wet/slippery stick so that foot slides quickly toward the other.  timberrr!
--Hooking a stick with toe or instep such that its other end gets stuck in the ground and thus rotates that foot upward - good for faceplants, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Raining in Augusta, but have seen about 5 nickel-size flakes sailing down.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

"Favored" causes of falling, for me: 
--Stepping on a wet/slippery stick so that foot slides quickly toward the other.  timberrr!
--Hooking a stick with toe or instep such that its other end gets stuck in the ground and thus rotates that foot upward - good for faceplants, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Raining in Augusta, but have seen about 5 nickel-size flakes sailing down.

All those too, Cat paws mixing in here now as well as the colder air looks to undercut.

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

That's exactly where I am, they said I need fusion now. I have collapsed twice in the last 3 weeks due to total loss of control of my left leg. Sucks especially being alone most of the time with my wife working 2 jobs.

16 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks  probably no choice.  I added to the post above.

Wow.  My situation was never that acute.  However, the stenosis being in my neck (C-4) resulted in roughly equivalent loss of function for the whole body.  Oddly, I had essentially no pain, other than some ache in my forearms while loading the woodstove.  Also, my notorious resistance to cold (Please put on a jacket; you're making ME feel cold!) disappeared, or reversed.  Usually I sleep under one light blanket, but the night I got home at 8 PM from a forestry meeting and found the inside temp in the 40s - power outage and wife house-sitting near BGR so no woodstove heat - I could not feel warm even under 4-5 thick coverings, despite the woodstove going full blast.

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Anomalously cold November and I still had to take an attached tick off myself tonight.

:gun_bandana:

They're everywhere!  Though I've not picked up any while awaiting (unsuccessfully) for a deer - snow cover has helped with the ticks, less so for the larger critters.  However, my Oct. 30 trip to the state lot in Topsham (midcoast) fetched me 26 of the little horrors, all black-legged (deer) ticks, including 4-5 of the tiny nymphs.  Was stopping to kill 1-2 every hundred yards while driving out the twisty road from the tract, then did a partial strip-tease (in the commode cubicle with the door closed, of course) back at the Augusta office and found 8-9 in my clothes.  Three more of the teeny ones had to be detached at home. 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

They're everywhere!  Though I've not picked up any while awaiting (unsuccessfully) for a deer - snow cover has helped with the ticks, less so for the larger critters.  However, my Oct. 30 trip to the state lot in Topsham (midcoast) fetched me 26 of the little horrors, all black-legged (deer) ticks, including 4-5 of the tiny nymphs.  Was stopping to kill 1-2 every hundred yards while driving out the twisty road from the tract, then did a partial strip-tease (in the commode cubicle with the door closed, of course) back at the Augusta office and found 8-9 in my clothes.  Three more of the teeny ones had to be detached at home. 

:o  that's horrifying! 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:45 AM, tamarack said:

Terrible, Those buggers are getting accustomed to cold now.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There bodies contain anti-freeze proteins.  Unreal. 

In the future ticks will be the end of humanity (a large facet of the current, and on going Extinction 6).  Most humans will contract Lyme disease, and eventually go insane.  Those affected will break down as their brains will rot from the inside out, eventually turning all into zombies...a life imitating art version of the Walking Dead.  No one will be spared except for those living in the towns of Lyme and Old Lyme Connecticut.  These towns will exist in the future as large, domed research and survival facilities.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1