• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hubric
    Newest Member
    hubric
Tyler Penland

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Flakes didn’t last. It just can’t get established. I keep seeing clouds to my NW, but they just can’t make it to me just yet. Hopefully they will soon 

NWS in there latest update still saying 1-2 inches 4000ft and higher, so Met1985 may be right about being patient. I know it’s plenty cold enough to fall as snow here, we just need some moisture to filter in. 

Just now, BhamParker said:

NWS in there latest update still saying 1-2 inches 4000ft and higher, so Met1985 may be right about being patient. I know it’s plenty cold enough to fall as snow here, we just need some moisture to filter in. 

Unfortunately the radar says there’s no moisture past this last batch rolling through now. Just not enough energy with this system to generate its own moisture. 

Been coming down for about a half hour. Deck rails and grill cover is becoming white. Took awhile for the clouds to stay in, but it’s coming along nicely now. 

im sipping on some woodford and In a hot tub. Let’s go 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BhamParker said:

Anybody else getting any right now? It’s coming down hard now!!

This has been a decent band. It's laid down an inch in about 45 minutes and still pouring. Glad you're getting some on your trip, I mean with the hot tub and all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We are at a powder right now. We will likely wake up to a nice dusting but maybe it’ll squeak out a little more. Just glad it finally got to start falling. 

1 hour ago, SnoJoe said:

This has been a decent band. It's laid down an inch in about 45 minutes and still pouring. Glad you're getting some on your trip, I mean with the hot tub and all.

Yes...glad you're getting some...I am laughing!  :thumbsup:  I mean snow of course...

• Like 1

Been ripping up here at sugar since lunchtime. Wind gusts are insane. I hear a lot of knocking and whistling outside. It’s s shame it all comes to an end tomorrow. I’m afraid they’re really going to struggle to keep snow on slopes from here on out.

The little snow that fell blew away with all the heavy winds we had last night. I can see some snow on the highest peaks of the mountains. Time to head back to Alabama but I’ll be back next winter and hope to pick a better storm. I’ll be keeping up with you guys and hope y’all can score before winter is over this winter.

I look forward to coming back next winter for a hopeful big dog snow storm! 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, BhamParker said:

The little snow that fell blew away with all the heavy winds we had last night. I can see some snow on the highest peaks of the mountains. Time to head back to Alabama but I’ll be back next winter and hope to pick a better storm. I’ll be keeping up with you guys and hope y’all can score before winter is over this winter.

I look forward to coming back next winter for a hopeful big dog snow storm! 

We still have almost 3 months  left for most of the mtns and even may for the highest elevations. 

• Like 2

Someone help me out here: can anyone remember the last time western North Carolina had a rain that didn’t amount to 3+ inches? I’m exaggerating of course, but geez the forecast after mid-week. Forget snow, I just want us to get a week of no rain. 

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Someone help me out here: can anyone remember the last time western North Carolina had a rain that didn’t amount to 3+ inches? I’m exaggerating of course, but geez the forecast after mid-week. Forget snow, I just want us to get a week of no rain. 

Can you imagine how muddy it'll be by Friday with 2 to 3 inches of rain on a completely thawed ground that is already super saturated? It ain't gonna be pretty.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Can you imagine how muddy it'll be by Friday with 2 to 3 inches of rain on a completely thawed ground that is already super saturated? It ain't gonna be pretty.

The worms have already been swimming through my grass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Wont be any different from the past like year and a half lol. This weather just wont stop.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Canadian on board as well. Let's see if this can hold.

I’m excited to see what the euro says this might be a legit threat.

4 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

I’m excited to see what the euro says this might be a legit threat.

Hope so. It looks like it could be a warning level event.

2 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Hope so. It looks like it could be a warning level event.

This is the best look we’ve had all winter within 5 days. A good warning event would go a long way on easing the pain of this winter.