Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Obs

yotaman

7 hours ago, NRVwxfan. said:

Wow. Only 75? They are running a bit behind. Of course, they can hit 90 into October. Yea, 2016 was a miserable hot summer and 2018 seemed like it would never end. Hurricane Michael finally ended that summer. Do you happen to have this years stats for Augusta Bush Field (KAGS)? Here in the NRV,  today may be the last time this year we get close to 90. Highs will be in the 70s by week's end.

Yeah, Augusta is at 86 days of 90+, 30 days at 95+, and 7 of 100 +.  Looks very similar to CAE,  it's just that some of CAE 'S upper 80s days made it into the low 90s for Augusta.  That whole Cola to Aug to Orangeburg to Walterboro area is brutal.

77 atm. Low cloud cover and it honestly doesn't feel nearly as miserable as last few mornings, oddly, even though DP is still up. That low feature really fell apart moving into NC yesterday. Very little rain in the Raleigh area though some showers worked in west of here, much less convection that NWS was advertising yesterday morning. Models never really brought much rain into here with that feature, so I was surprised they held onto the 50% + chances for so long yesterday. Funny after the active pattern Monday with much greater coverage and storm intensity and only a 20% rain chance! 

I thought this was interesting from the Atlanta AFD today:

On an additional note, lows in the 70s are expected to continue over
the next several days. So far this year, we have had 77 days with
minimum temperatures at or above 70 degrees, as of Aug 20th. This is
the most days with lows at or above 70 degrees at this point of the
year we`ve seen on record. Furthermore, the top 4 years in this
category have all occurred in the last decade: 75 in 2016, 74 in
2010, and 72 in 2018.

It's almost as if the climate is warming or something. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Was watching that line of storms last night as it approached the area. Like most strong clusters moving out of the Piedmont, the line weakened considerably, and radar returns made it look like we'd either get nothing, or maybe a couple light showers. As it moved through the Wake/JoCo line, it exploded and slowed down considerably.

Kudos to the SPC for suggesting exactly what could happen in an evening update.

" Multicell storms are expected to continue through central NC next couple hours and might eventually interact with the seabreeze

which could support brief intensification, before subsequently diminishing as they continue into eastern NC."

We ended up with exactly 1 inch of much needed rain.

4 hours ago, NRVwxfan. said:

Looks like a big forecast bust here in the NRV. 80% of thunderstorns today according to the NWS. radar looks pathetic, more sun and warmer than forecast. Looks like a dry frontal passage here today. 

I was skeptical of the 1"-2" they were calling for overnight. I think the updated 3/4" to 1" now predicted is still being overly generous. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Solak said:

I was skeptical of the 1"-2" they were calling for overnight. I think the updated 3/4" to 1" now predicted is still being overly generous. Time will tell.

I have been in the biggest screw zone the last 10 days. I'm 4 miles southwest of greenville in the 2nd lightest blue shading possible. I've gotten maybe .35 over the last 10 days while everyone around me has gotten inches worth.

Screenshot_20190823-194752_Samsung Internet.jpg