• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

August Discobs 2019

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Watched the storm safely from my house in New Hampshire.  Looking at the Inner Harbor earthcam it sure looked like large hail was hitting the water.  Then the heavy rain came in and the vis dropped to about 1000 feet.  Wonder if there will be hail reports in the city?

My dad lives in Fells Point, was on the phone with him when it was hailing there. Street is flooded from Fleet St down to the harborfront

That pop up storm over Baltimore resulted in some shingles being blown off a neighboring building to mine downtown and two of the office windows on my 20th floor blew in. One of them the guy was still there - luckily it was the pane to his side and not the one he was sitting in at his desk...

i put a pic on my twitter feed for those who follow it. I still after all these years don’t know how to put pics in here. Because I kinda am terrible at this...

omg it is finally raining.  it was a rain whiteout for a bit.

This feels a like a stormy day outside. Fingers crossed, wouldn’t mind some more interesting weather locally before I have to head back down to Charlottesville.

Me hearing thunder makes today the most interesting day weather-wise in the past week and a half. Sad.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Nothing at North Point State Park.

That's crazy, I'm about 5-6 miles away and it finally is stopped. 

26 minutes ago, mattie g said:

F this weather.

Just missed to our north today... tomorrow will be our day

I got off the MARC train at the Germantown station just after 6:00 to a heavy, wind-blown downpour that soaked me from the waist down, despite an umbrella.  I get home to the Milestone Microdesert to blazing sun and dry, dusty ground.  This place is just unbelievable how it does this over and over.  And now of course there's rain heading into Frederick missing to the north.  I don't know if it's Sugarloaf blocking stuff or what but this is an absolute weather ****hole.

image.png.5ca0a81ea8806588abea24a9e296a834.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I could see the top of that storm from my house.  Congrats.

15 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Hardly a cloud.  Once again.

:lol:

Impressive CB heads to our south coming home from Belair MD yesterday, ~ 1730.
Not a drop at our house but wow that flooding along Fleet and Boston streets!

I've been under a storm like that before.  If you're in the bullseye you get all the goods (except TVS but no one wants to be UNDER that LOL). And when they keep up and barely move for over an hour, it will overwhelm all of the drains.  Fortunately it does recede fast but if your home/business gets inundated, cleanup is never fun.  (or cheap!)