Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Dr. Dews

August 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Dews are generally only as bad as your air circulation. 75F with calm winds...gag me. 75F with a nice breeze. Sign me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Winter, yes. Summer/fall, no. 

Absolutely beautiful area from Old Saybrook to Stonington.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to live there in Summer and fall. The best coastal areas of CT by far

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Dews are generally only as bad as your air circulation. 75F with calm winds...gag me. 75F with a nice breeze. Sign me up.

Can you please post a dew above chart for NOLA... I work outside in the telecom/cell phone industry and NOLA is where I am headed Sun night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely beautiful area from Old Saybrook to Stonington.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to live there in Summer and fall. The best coastal areas of CT by far

There's a reason why it's such a tourist mecca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sun breaking out now. No rain at all this weekend in most of SNE. All action NW. Just a humid dry weekend . Wash vehicles, do lawns, swim etc in good faith !

Now in NECT and moving north. Guys and gals who just washed their vehicles,  started mowing throwing up in their hands in disgust.

Screenshot_20190817-121253_RadarScope.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

Thanks. I dont think the dew lovers here have any idea... how terrible it is to work in that..

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

68/66  Overcast

Matt Noyes is really honking about a possible flash flood potential up here in the Lakes Region for this evening.  His model shows up to 4" to fall.  Bullseye around Plymouth NH

I’m still mopping up from the 4” his so called model had for me last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Now in NECT and moving north. Guys and gals who just washed their vehicles,  started mowing throwing up in their hands in disgust.

Screenshot_20190817-121253_RadarScope.jpg

Fake radar???....someone said dry in SNE....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m still mopping up from the 4” his so called model had for me last week. 

That was a really bad bust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

68/66  Overcast

Matt Noyes is really honking about a possible flash flood potential up here in the Lakes Region for this evening.  His model shows up to 4" to fall.  Bullseye around Plymouth NH

GYX has posted a watch for the northern quarter of NH.  Stops at the Maine border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Now in NECT and moving north. Guys and gals who just washed their vehicles,  started mowing throwing up in their hands in disgust.

Screenshot_20190817-121253_RadarScope.jpg

You are in SE quadrant of state. Unlucky break for 2% of the region 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are in SE quadrant of state. Unlucky break for 2% of the region 

It’s in Windham County, lol.  

I get what you are saying as that’s how summer works, stuff pops up.  But trying to sell that as SE CT is funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Poop day at winni. Should have known it would be wedge city. 

I had like 2 minutes of sun to bounce the temp up to 72°. 99% cloudy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Thanks. I dont think the dew lovers here have any idea... how terrible it is to work in that..

I've spent a good amount of time in TX and LA in the past 20 years and it's great once you adjust to it. avoid mid-day strenuous activities and it's not bad, and find AC and a cold drink to cool down if you cannot avoid those activities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a feeling the NAM would do this...  It's been putting up T1 ( 980 mb level ) temperatures nearly static between 20 and 23 C at every interval, day or night... in a 570 + DAM air on a S/SW trajectory.  Both NYC and BOS ...  now, all at once, it goes torrid.  MOS may lag, but out of now where it has Logan's 980 mb temperature of 29 C at 18z Monday with a DP of about 76 ... It may in fact be too rich to allow the temp to maximize the adiabat because the 900 mb level temp is 23 C ... which is concomitant with an EML... In other words, shave 3 or 4 off that DP and you got a big heat day. The Euro's been flagging that day as a plausible nasty heat day.  Anyway, 33C 2-meter T with a mid 70s DP ...that may be right up there with other HI events this season ...  It's just one day - relax...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s in Windham County, lol.  

I get what you are saying as that’s how summer works, stuff pops up.  But trying to sell that as SE CT is funny.

I was serious. To me he is most definitely not NE CT. He’s same lat as nearby IJD . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Pretty miserable out for August stds. 65f, cool with some fog in the distance

weather of preference for stds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely beautiful area from Old Saybrook to Stonington.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to live there in Summer and fall. The best coastal areas of CT by far

I would say most of the CT coast is pretty darn nice. Love the Guilford/Thimbles area too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dendrite said:

That looked like a pretty warm euro run to me. A few days near 90°, a few days of a cool down, and then right back to warmth. Almost September by the end of that run. The seasons are fleeting.

august is now an extension of july and september is what august used to be

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, forkyfork said:

august is now an extension of july and september is what august used to be

Kinda. I remember growing up with many freezes in mid September and lately it's been difficult to even get below 40F by then. My first freeze last year was 10/14.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

august is now an extension of july and september is what august used to be

There were calls of COC k later next week and beyond based on a few erroneous op runs . Always amazing the folks buying in on those 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×