Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Could be relatively same increase for a true northeast plot but yea lol including the swampy southern MA. It’s like when someone high up in the mountains uses the valley for their summer readings. 

He will post anything to try to prove he is 100 percent right 100 percent of the time.

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I found it. Plot #159.

Using that and a criteria of hours above a 65° Dp you can see how much less humid it's been this year vs. last year.  Granted it's only 7/18 and we're going to tack on a few hours this weekend but still...

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=159&network=CT_ASOS&zstation=BDL&var=dwpf&dir=aoa&thres=65&month=all&year=2019&dpi=100&_fmt=png

network_CT_ASOS__zstation_BDL__var_dwpf__dir_aoa__thres_65__month_all__year_2019__dpi_100.png

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Could be relatively same increase for a true northeast plot but yea lol including the swampy southern MA. It’s like when someone high up in the mountains uses the valley for their summer readings. 

Have you noticed something about the poster who posted below this post of yours?

6 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Using that and a criteria of hours above a 65° Dp you can see how much less humid it's been this year vs. last year.  Granted it's only 7/18 and we're going to tack on a few hours this weekend but still...

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=159&network=CT_ASOS&zstation=BDL&var=dwpf&dir=aoa&thres=65&month=all&year=2019&dpi=100&_fmt=png

network_CT_ASOS__zstation_BDL__var_dwpf__dir_aoa__thres_65__month_all__year_2019__dpi_100.png

LWM with around 200 hours so far compared to nearly 1200 hours last year. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...we didn't have that many hours of dews above 65F at this point last year. It'd be interesting to compare the number of hours come Monday for each year through 7/22.

Yup. It really started to change the second half of July.  Then it was nonstop mank.  Wet, cloudy, AN.  Make Mold and Mildew Great Again

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...we didn't have that many hours of dews above 65F at this point last year. It's be interesting to compare the number of hours come Monday for each year through 7/22.

yeah, that's why I added that caveat.  Last year we went through a 29 day stretch from 7/23 to 8/20 with high Dp's. 

The real test would be to see how many hours we have at the end of year.

Just now, MetHerb said:

yeah, that's why I added that caveat.  Last year we went through a 29 day stretch from 7/23 to 8/20 with high Dp's. 

The real test would be to see how many hours we have at the end of year.

My AC was running nonstop for close to a month.  This year, not so much.  But the dog days are still coming

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...we didn't have that many hours of dews above 65F at this point last year. It'd be interesting to compare the number of hours come Monday for each year through 7/22.

What’s the difference so far 

for ASH, LWM or Boston 

i would guess we may have seen 60% of 65 f dews as this date last year

if LWM has 200 now they must have had at least 300-320 at this point last year 

30 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:
1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:
I am considering going north Saturday evening 

Southern Maine too far south Wiz ? Decent shot of MCS? Rev is rooting for 1995 Derecho to walk through front door.

yeah it's possible southern ME may be just a tad too far south. I would watch the second half of Sunday though...looks like better opportunity for stronger forcing.