• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

June Discobs 2019

12 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'll post pictures of my setups this week.  

Huge down pour at 5:45 AM this morning from heavy cell moving NNW from Doverand points SE.  I am very lucky, I don't see wipespread rains, however, right now an area seems to be moving North up the Eastern shore 

I look forward to seeing your layout   I have made myself little straw free pathways between rows of plants, ie.  narrow that I can simply rake every day to keep free. 

I tend to have less straw right up against the plants to help preent slugs (just a theory ) and than deeper farther away to keep the weeds down.   

This could be in the long-term, but decided to drop it here -

Basically the same blocking giving us the cooler weather, if it persists could aid in very warm weather later in the summer, which fits into the forecast of many, plus the recent decadal warmth along the Eastern coastline via the very warm SSTs partly from the robust WAR. ( feedback at work ) . 

From Don S

Today, the preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) figure was -0.874. The blocking will likely continue through mid-month and then could slowly fade. At the same time, blocking is consistent with warmth on the East Coast during the middle and latter part of summer. Hence, should blocking generally persist, the prospects of a warm or perhaps very warm second half of summer could increase. 

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not much action here- just some scattered light rain and drizzle. 0.15" since yesterday evening.

The dry air finally retreated with the HP, but it took longer than modeled. PWATs on the increase, but not much of a mechanism for lift today until that vort moves in later with the front. Should be some decent downpours but probably scattered more than widespread, and looks to move through pretty quickly. Looking forward to tomorrow and esp. Wed, which looks like another outstanding day for June.

Yea. .   5 - 7 days out I thought the h5 setup kind of screamed multiple waves in a 2-3 day period and possible training but the ull ended up too far south and weaker too. Just didn't come together for our area this time . Maybe this evening we get a surprise couple rounds with torrential downpours 

Im not sure what the forecast was for today, but a decent downpour not long ago work. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Im not sure what the forecast was for today, but a decent downpour not long ago work. 

Showers becoming a widespread rain...quite the opposite ongoing.

Some sun breaking through right now here and muggy as hell out . 

Rain gathering to my SW and some heavier showers moving NE across the upper Chessie. 

Heaviest rain East of Richmond and moving NE as well. 

29 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Showers becoming a widespread rain...quite the opposite ongoing.

Warm front just went blasting through... evening and tonight could be interesting as the cold front sweeps through

40 minutes ago, yoda said:

Warm front just went blasting through... evening and tonight could be interesting as the cold front sweeps through

Getting some breaks in the clouds here. Less wind as well. It doesn’t take long to swamp here esp with several hours of daylight left.

10 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Getting some breaks in the clouds here. Less wind as well. It doesn’t take long to swamp here esp with several hours of daylight left.

.55 inches from the event so far. I'd be satisfied with another inch. But I know that's asking too much. 

6 hours ago, yoda said:

12z 3km NAM brings through some good storms around DCA at 03z/04z/05z tonight

18z continues to do so around 04z to 06z tonight

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That cell in Northern Delaware looks like a slow moving deluge .

Cool looking towers looking to my east. Been virtually nothing here, but areas in DE have been hammered. 2-3" with more in a few spots. 

0.18" total here for the entire "event". lol.

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cool looking towers looking to my east. Been virtually nothing here, but areas in DE have been hammered. 2-3" with more in a few spots. 

0.18" total here for the entire "event". lol.

.22" here . Got ya beat lol

Very little, if any, lightning showing up nearby on spark. Some pockets towards Lynchburg. Given the timing of all this and a lack of good daytime heating, my expectations are pretty low for storms, but it’s a frontal passage so maybe there’ll be some pop ups. 

Never got above 68 here for the high . Currently 67/66 . Hrrr wants to dissipate the northern part of the front passage action later but we'll see what happens. 

A lot of rain here between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM, looks like my location over 1.5 inches and some spots near Dover, DE. near 3 inches .

Click for latest Storm Total Precipitation radar image from the Mt. Holly, NJ radar and current weather warnings

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

The front looks like weak sauce.

I think you're far enough west to get some action before the line falls apart .

WPC had 2 to 4 inches of rain forecast for the area over 5 days and se will be lucky to get to 1.5". Colossal whiff.

55 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I think you're far enough west to get some action before the line falls apart .

Just drizzle.  Have picked up .05 so far, giving me .19 for the day and .31 for the "event".  Barely over 1.25" since may 3 now.

Torrential rain here with some thunder the past 30 mins.  Event total up to 0.80" and counting.

eta- ended up with 1.04". Most of that fell between 1 and 2am this morning.

7 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

WPC had 2 to 4 inches of rain forecast for the area over 5 days and se will be lucky to get to 1.5". Colossal whiff.

Move that decimal point for me -- a whopping 0.15 for the "event."  No significant rain since mid-May.  

The "rain event" dropped a little over a half inch here. I figured I wouldn't be watering all week. After the wind and dry air today I'll be watering this evening. What a bust that was.

• Like 1

The front gave me .17" last night for an event total of .39" . Got to 58 early this morning and with the breezy conditions it feels like fall .

• Like 1

6z 3k brings a nice slug of rain north Wed night into Thursday but it seems to be on it's own.  Most guidance seems to have the majority of the area in the subsidence zone with energy splitting ......some going up through the eastern shore and beaches and energy driving through Ohio-W. Pennsylvania .