• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mcninja
    Newest Member
    Mcninja
andyhb

April 13th-14th Severe Threat

Definitely looks like a weakness in that hodo. Vbv issues maybe? I think lack of stronger capping really hurt today. Morning convection festered into the afternoon. Just goes to show you how sensitive severe wx setups are despite great parameters in place

Currently zero discrete surface-based cells across the MDT risk at 21z... hardly even any QLCS threat to speak of attm.
You pissed it off, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ICEHOCEY77 said:

wow, I'd say so.

Something about Yazoo City where that cell could hit maybe,that town is like a tornado magnet for some odd reason

Storm mode still sucks, but that cell heading towards Vicksburg looks like it’s producing an absolute monster. Going to need a tornado emergency ASAP. 
D5797577-5688-4F17-94FF-3AD46E474D06.thumb.png.0b466648e470d11abce2460ec5936ed7.png

Eh, not necessarily because that area is incredibly rural farmland and swamps. There is literally almost nothing but a few crossroads “towns.”

Storms really struggling to take advantage of a high end environment due to unfavorable storm modes. SPC was definitely right to hold off on going high risk. Not over yet but not too optimistic this will be a tornado outbreak 

• Like 1

Not convective severe but 60-70 mph wind gusts being observed the past couple hours in/near the TROWAL over parts of north Texas/southern Oklahoma. 

Another area of rotation has formed SW of Vicksburg more on a path to the city itself. Storm seems complicated though.

Edit: Has suddenly gotten really strong. This is not good. 

Just now, SmokeEater said:

Some damage being reported in Vicksburg, roofs off, power out to most of the city.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You'd think after the big tornado they had in Vicksburg in 1953 they'd have better building codes, but a lot of the houses I saw there are either very old,  poorly constructed, or both.

Lots of reports of rapidly rotating wall clouds. While there seems to be a lot of mid/upper lvl shear, lack of shear near the surface  is keeping this from being a big outbreak.

Given the storms now in Mississippi and cells popping in Alabama I think Birmingham NWS mets were correct earlier today by issuing an Enhanced Risk for Alabama, disagreeing with the SPC outlook.