• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

5 pages, I think Mitch has exceeded his 6 mos post count in this one thread........:lol:

Move this 150 miles south and we are on the 3rd thread at page 75.  

5 pages, half of the posts like this are people coming in commenting on the thread itself and not the storm lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Move this 150 miles south and we are on the 3rd thread at page 75.  

5 pages, half of the posts like this are people coming in commenting on the thread itself and not the storm lol.

My interest this time of year, I head NW, Looks like Sunday is the day to head to the Rangeley area, I'm just keeping an eye on here to see how far the rain/snow line gets so i may not have to trailer as far.

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

My interest this time of year, I head NW, Looks like Sunday is the day to head to the Rangeley area, I'm just keeping an eye on here to see how far the rain/snow line gets so i may not have to trailer as far.

Yeah it also seems like not much has changed in the aggregate last 24-48 hours.  Not much to discuss as we know the areas under the gun.  

I think BTV itself will be an interesting study in this one.  It could be like 3-4" of glop on 1-1.5"QPF (half likely rain) or it could be like 10-12" of blue snow.  

I generally lean conservative in the valley this time of year...there's usually more that can go wrong than right in BTV land but if they get into some of these 0.2"/hr QPF bands it could put down some snow quickly.  But then again get some wind to downslope off the hills and it just warms that last 500ft enough for 5:1 ratios of white glop.

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

image.png.82687103c02cb42af52a7a5329c64e23.png

Yeah but the main event is Friday night into Saturday morning and always has been IMO...but I'm focused on the upslope side. That's when we'll get our snow.

Ive always though Friday is too marginal. Mtns will get a foot on Friday night regardless of the synoptic storm precip.

6z Sat...

IMG_2590.thumb.PNG.96f3df4971fd9d55d2a291e5ccc777b0.PNG

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah but the main event is Friday night into Saturday morning and always has been IMO...but I'm focused on the upslope side. That's when we'll get our snow.

Ive always though Friday is too marginal. Mtns will get a foot on Friday night regardless of the synoptic storm precip.

6z Sat...

IMG_2590.thumb.PNG.96f3df4971fd9d55d2a291e5ccc777b0.PNG

lol, I never have to worry about looking or considering the upslope component here with the other 98.3675% on this board.

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, I never have to worry about looking or considering the upslope component here with the other 98.3675% on this board.

Ha right...but 98% aren't looking at Watertown or Massena either.  

I mean I'm not even looking at home either.  5 miles up the road where it matters, like you and snowmobiling. 

3KM went west too but it's the upslope that'll bring the snow in VT and always has IMO. 

Look at that hole at SYR in the low elevations if looking at NY State.

IMG_2594.PNG.a903ea4caa0726ec6dda5026e08cab61.PNG