Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha really?  That's awesome I thought I was being a rebel.  The map I posted even says on the map that I shouldn't share it lol.  In order to share you pay the next tier up.

Guess I never noticed that.  What site?  I’d say any graphics behind a paywall probably shouldn’t be posted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

Is there a "calendar" of sorts that has the initiation dates of weather models?

There used to be a pinned thread with the breakdown of the release times for them years ago.

It was either in the NYC or NE sub-forum. Can't remember which one but it's gone now anyway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Guess I never noticed that.  What site?  I’d say any graphics behind a paywall probably shouldn’t be posted.

They all say the same thing, I've got multiple subscriptions.

Recently, ECMWF has sent out a clarification of their Standard License Agreement to its customers, that some may have not understood in this way beforehand.

Weathermodels.com is about transparency and fairness, so we decided to make this Guideline page that informs our users exactly about the allowed usage of ECMWF maps and products, that they can buy through our subscriptions. 

Weathermodels.com is a maximum charge customer of ECMWF data and does process this data to create maps and graphics (so-called Value-Added-Services (VAS)) for its customers.

ECMWF does regard any next tier of customers of their Licensees as so-called End users (that is you, if you have a subscription with us). 

This holds true not only for weathermodels.com, but for any other outlet as well that provides ECMWF maps, charts and other ECMWF based Value-Added-Services. 

Can I share ECMWF model maps on the internet? 

ECMWF generally prohibits End users (people that are not direct customers of ECMWF, meaning you) to broadcast their products or maps created based on their products - this includes Social Media.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The RGEM has been horrible, It had a great run a few years back and then the Canadians told us TGFO.

I don't know what they did to it. It used to be awesome, whatever it had 48 hrs out was a lock you could take to the bank.

Did they "upgrade" it or something?

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I don't know what they did to it. It used to be awesome, whatever it had 48 hrs out was a lock you could take to the bank.

It was good for one season.  A lot of ball players are like that...

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It was solid from 36hrs in, There was an upgrade i think a year or so ago, But i would consider that to be a downgrade....lol

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It was solid from 36hrs in, There was an upgrade i think a year or so ago, But i would consider that to be a downgrade....lol

Ugh :facepalm:

These "upgrades" they give to the models don't do shit or just make the models worse it seems.

Happened with the NAM, with the Euro and now with the GFS. The FV3 is so bad, implementation is being pushed back yet again

Frustrating. Idk, maybe I'm just snake bitten with this year like Ray said. And I'm not even making forecasts!

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

It was very good in both 13-14 and also 15-16.  In between it was miserable in 14-15.  Since then it’s been hit or miss but has had an exceptionally poor run this winter 

That's right, it was bad in that season. One of the many models that busted badly inside 36hrs with the Jan 15' blizzard for the NYC area

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Groundhog Day. Here comes the weak and east ticks. Again, im in a decent spot here.... but the general meh outcomes suck. 

We all know where this is headed 

you. just. jackpotted

the “meh, woe is me act” is getting quite tired

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Groundhog Day. Here comes the weak and east ticks. Again, im in a decent spot here.... but the general meh outcomes suck. 

We all know where this is headed 

Its can only get so far east, The trough is not getting pancaked here, A weaker outcome though isn't being ruled out, Lot of convection with this is going to be playing games with modeling as well.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

One thing I noticed last night, people ask what people think for a given area, posters respond with their best thoughts then when it doesn't pan out right away the posts come out degrading those who missed. If you, not you, ask for a forecast then show appreciation people were kind enough to respond, and especially don't turn around and call the names or insinuate they swing wildly for the fences without forethought. You know who you are.

And a related perennial observation: it takes time to make a well analyzed and reasoned forecast map, or even to put down specific forecast numbers in writing. I'm talking earnest forecast numbers with solid reasoning, not a silly wishcast. Putting down numbers in writing should be a pre-requisite for those who are quick to mock or criticize or claim AIT's.

7 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

And a related perennial observation: it takes time to make a well analyzed and reasoned forecast map, or even to put down specific forecast numbers in writing. I'm talking earnest forecast numbers with solid reasoning, not a silly wishcast. Putting down numbers in writing should be a pre-requisite for those who are quick to mock or criticize or claim AIT's.

That's how AccuWeather was, wish casting could get you banned from the forum.

What's AIT?

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its can only get so far east, The trough is not getting pancaked here, A weaker outcome though isn't being ruled out, Lot of convection with this is going to be playing games with modeling as well.

Yeah... the convection could be causing issues, or it could be real. Now I’m not going to pretend to be well versed in any of these matters, but isn’t that basically what happened with today’s system?

Who knows, hopefully a lot of people can at least cash something from this.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... the convection could be causing issues, or it could be real. Now I’m not going to pretend to be well versed in any of these matters, but isn’t that basically what happened with today’s system?

No clue, I was out snowmobiling the last two days...........lol

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

From what i have seen, It seems to have more negative effects then positives.

I made my very first snow map ever! Comments and critiques would be appreciated, I based this off a more aggressive side of guidance because as long as it doesn't continue to tic SE I think that there will be some good banding. 

04c49c282a72ed1254f74ed10a77f4d2.png.5a678a027efd15ad251ee2b81ccccf01.png

• Like 1