Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Just now, Chris78 said:

That's a nice bump from it's previous runs

Certainly is.  Coastal is just a little late getting going but definitely an improvement.  Slightly better heights out front and not as much hold back out west.

• Like 1

For those comparing this to the December threat, the NS flow to our north is much less supressive this time, but the STJ wave is much weaker.   What I like about this setup is there is room for this to adjust north if we can get a slightly more organized amplified system.  Last time it was running into a brick wall.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks almost like a carbon copy of 0z

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Comparing 12z at 66 to 06z at 72, h5 looks a bit better, no?

at 72 there are SLIGHT improvements...its hanging a little less energy back...look at the tail of the trough in Utah... and its digging the NS a slight bit more...look at the heights in Kansas... the rest is nearly identical.  So MINOR differences but they are in a good way.  

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

at 72 there are SLIGHT improvements...its hanging a little less energy back...look at the tail of the trough in Utah... and its digging the NS a slight bit more...look at the heights in Kansas... the rest is nearly identical.  So MINOR differences but they are in a good way.  

At 96... it doesnt look like a good way though.

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

NS in NE is a stronger and further south than 6z at 90.

yea the STJ system is more amplified, system is slightly more consolidated, but that might get offset by the flow being more hostile on top.   that is one thing from last time that I would rather not repeat...as we would get improvements in one area something in another would degrade and offset it.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

yea the STJ system is more amplified, system is slightly more consolidated, but that might get offset by the flow being more hostile on top.   that is one thing from last time that I would rather not repeat...as we would get improvements in one area something in another would degrade and offset it.  

Yeah I edited my post to add the trough had better tilt so 1 step forward 1 step back it seems.

Just now, Interstate said:

At 96... it doesnt look like a good way though.

Depends, I am not looking at precip at all...but just looking at the h5 and mslp the low is a little north of 6z, and its 1014 vs 1016, and the system did hold slightly less energy back.  But its only better if you compare it to 6z which was awful, going back to the runs that were really good its worse.  So depends what you are comparing it too...and what you are looking at.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Definitely an improvement from 6z in terms of the QPF, not as good as the big runs yesterday but definitely not another step back. 

LOL, I havent even looked at the precip panels at all yet but that is exactly what I would have predicted just looking at H5 and MSLP

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic