Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Banter Thread

jburns

• 3 weeks later...

Curious about everyone's take on these Facebook pages I see that seem to only post snow output maps of every model run. Typically they take the one that gives their area the most and then post stuff like "alert mode" and 'heavy snow possible." I've noticed that many of them have recently posted today's 18z run on the NAM for the late week system in carolinas. Do any of the owners of those pages post on these forums, and are any of them at all reliable in your opinion? 

3 hours ago, Joe Clark said:

Curious about everyone's take on these Facebook pages I see that seem to only post snow output maps of every model run. Typically they take the one that gives their area the most and then post stuff like "alert mode" and 'heavy snow possible." I've noticed that many of them have recently posted today's 18z run on the NAM for the late week system in carolinas. Do any of the owners of those pages post on these forums, and are any of them at all reliable in your opinion? 

The bolded should answer your question  ;)   People can cherry pick anything to come up with an answer they want to see. Just because someone can post a map, doesn't mean they know how to read one. 

21 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Wow did we just lose Ryan Newman? Man that was an awful wreck..

That was horrible  :(   I'll never understand why any driver would block going into a turn like that. Let them pass and sling shot as you exit.....I yelled the same thing when Sr hit the wall......sigh......I really hope he's okay. 

35 minutes ago, DC2Winston said:

Can anyone remember a really crazy snowfall gradient, within one county, in the Piedmont/Triad area?

Looking at the latest NAM maps, if to verify, would be some wild cutoffs somewhere near Forsyth or Guilford county...

We could see both a mulch dusting and three inches of snow within the same zip code.  I’m one mile south of the Guilford/Rockingham line.  I’ll be lucky to see dusting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2Winston said:

Can anyone remember a really crazy snowfall gradient, within one county, in the Piedmont/Triad area?

Looking at the latest NAM maps, if to verify, would be some wild cutoffs somewhere near Forsyth or Guilford county...

Thanks

accum.20000125.gif.0a35b43496b20f2abcf34c92fc4c57b3.gif

Not really relevant because its an extreme case, but here's an example of it happening.

There's probably one or 2 more cases where Winston was in outside looking in, but I can't recall them offhand. It's certainly possible, but extremely uncommon climo-wise.

• Thanks 1