Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, powderfreak said:

There's been plenty of cold for snow if you Average the past 60-90 days.

Yup...I thought you were referring to the post from yesterday when you were stating how cold it was in your hood.  Balls cold this morning for you guys in NNE

meh here.   We have def had some “cold enough to snow” days, but bad timing

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup...I thought you were referring to the post from yesterday when you were stating how cold it was in your hood.  Balls cold this morning for you guys in NNE

meh here.   We have def had some “cold enough to snow” days, but bad timing

Yeah. When it was below zero at Stowe, ORH was like 14F and that's nothing to talk about in January....it was a lot colder thanksgiving. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

From praying for enough sleet to cover the grass to disappointed with 8" would be comical.

No.   If days and days have 12+ and you end up 4-8 it’s naturally going to cause disappointment.   It’s like the guy is about to consummate his loss of virginity  with girl of his dreams and her mother emerges naked from the bathroom...

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah. When it was below zero at Stowe, ORH was like 14F and that's nothing to talk about in January....it was a lot colder thanksgiving. Lol. 

Hey now ORH had lows in single digits and around -10 departures.  It was the coldest day of January so far down there...just something to talk about at the time :lol:.

I mean 0F or below up here in January isn't that noteworthy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

No.   If days and days have 12+ and you end up 4-8 it’s naturally going to cause disappointment.   It’s like the guy is about to consummate his loss of virginity  with girl of his dreams and her mother emerges naked from the bathroom...

Pickles might have a thing or two to say about that...

My natural inclination is to take the under on a lot of these events (surprise surprise), and be pleasantly surprised if we get a bonus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey now ORH had lows in single digits and around -10 departures.  It was the coldest day of January so far down there...just something to talk about at the time :lol:.

I get temps of -5F to -10F or colder most winters (a few days sometimes).  7F was pretty meh for Jan.    

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I get temps of -5F to -10F or colder most winters (a few days sometimes).  7F was pretty meh for Jan.    

Maybe meh but still the coldest day of the month ;).  

But yeah 7F over frozen mud and grass is just anger inducing stuff.  Yelling at the kids for no reason, throwing desks at the students, etc.

• Haha 2

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic