• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

Too bad for him, back on topic and it looks like the HRRR goes out to 18hr tomorrow 22Z and its chock full of moisture through at least tomorrow evening and it also looks like a nice part of the early morning hrs is when we may see our heaviest rates but thats just one piece of guidance.  Don';t know how the RGEM looks but Id have to think pretty close to that of the HRRR since we're nearly in the middle of the event already!

Martin Luther king junior park is a major tongue twister. Many other famous people have said the same flub on air, Google it. Its the combination of Luther and king or junior and king.  Why on earth would he say that on purpose or ever?  The reaction is insane and idiotic. My only thought is they wanted to get rid of him anyway and decided to use this as the perfect opportunity..

my two cents

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Martin Luther king junior park is a major tongue twister. Many other famous people have said the same flub on air, Google it. Its the combination of Luther and king or junior and king.  Why on earth would he say that on purpose or ever?  The reaction is insane and idiotic. My only thought is they wanted to get rid of him anyway and decided to use this as the perfect opportunity..

my two cents

I was too lazy to write it but this echoes my thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I just saw the 18Z GFS, RLMAO as it has 3 KU storms, lol, in one run with Liq Eq of between 3-4" and with most of it being snow which would yield close to 50" for the rest of the month, lol, thats why I'm laughing but if we get even a 1/4 of that we're good!

Lot better look than last month this time. Seems the pattern/teleconnections have shifted enough to start spawning potentials. Game on. 

This is winding down here to SN- for the duration. Just measured, 2.5". Will probably end up near 5" by morning. We may pick up an extra inch or so Thursday.  WSW criteria likely won't verify IMBY (6 or 7"+ / 12 hrs) but biggest totals will be in hills south of SYR and up on/near Tug. Pretty typical overall. Better than the past 2 weeks.

Yeah was just out there with the dog and I took a few measurements and it was damn hard to do but I tried and got an avg of 4.8 but one of the measurements was 13", lol, and another 3.2 so some extreme drifting going on but not a real big amount if you ask me and for the event as a whole. Remember the one in November we had a nice amount of synoptic before the LE kicked in and thats why we ended up 16-20" totals because we usually get the same amount in LE as we do Synoptic so just double it the synoptic total.

28 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

2” here. Glad you guys at least got something decent. Here to Hamburg got screwed as usual in these events. 

I'm kinda surprised to be honest. I remember as a kid that whenever we got NW winds it was eastern Niagara and Orleans counties that would jackpot. I almost feel nowadays we get quite a bit up north here now from Huron, Ontario and Georgian Bay.