Total Members
    Most Online
    TruthSeeker2020
    Newest Member
    TruthSeeker2020
stormtracker

December 9/10 Storm

6 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Dare i say the CMC did a pretty good job along with the Euro. The GFS never really had the precip getting passed South of Frederiscksburg. But I’m currently getting my biggest snow in the last 2 years

FV3 GFS did MUCH better than regular GFS.

• Like 2

Just now, snowdude said:

FV3 GFS did MUCH better than regular GFS.

Probably why it’s getting replaced. That death band in Stanford looks like my kind of fun. Willing it North as we speak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Probably why it’s getting replaced. That death band in Stanford looks like my kind of fun. Willing it North as we speak.

Use the Force.

5 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

It is wild in that band here in Stafford, picked up 1.5” in the last 60 minutes 

Just now, wawarriors4 said:

It is wild in that band here in Stafford, picked up 1.5” in the last 60 minutes 

Damn that sounds nice. Playing the waiting game with some nice moderate snow falling here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Damn that sounds nice. Playing the waiting game with some nice moderate snow falling here

Yeah, I’m up to 3.7” so far, feel like 6” is attainable, if not more. Buddy of mine in Caroline is closing in on 8”

• Like 1

Just now, wawarriors4 said:

Yeah, I’m up to 3.7” so far, feel like 6” is attainable, if not more. Buddy of mine in Caroline is closing in on 8”

I’m still working on my first inch but even at my current clip a couple more hours i think everything will be covered here

• Like 1

It is almost comical watching the snow just stop at I66. I made that call a few days ago as a joke. And this is what I get for saying it. The snow line is literally shaped EXACTLY like I66.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is almost comical watching the snow just stop at I66. I made that call a few days ago as a joke. And this is what I get for saying it. The snow line is literally shaped EXACTLY like I66.

Wish it stopped at 66. I’d be a few miles into decent returns.

:lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Measured around the yard and came to a consensus of 9” here.  Sharing my favorite picture!

8CABDA44-A937-44CF-9687-3BA6D64062CB.jpeg

A little photo shop and that pic would be PERFECT :P

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PWC Split said:

IMG_2203.jpg

Brutal!

If I were in that position, then I would just hop in the car and go as far south as I can. Real life can wait till later.

Looking at some TAMDAR soundings from DCA and BWI. There's a dry layer just under 700, but the near sfc dews in the 20's (and teens just above) from the NE is really the killer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I made that same call couple days ago. Wasn't what I WANTED to make, but couldn't see if (snow) getting any further north.

Still snowing here, just looked out the front door of the building.  1-3 inch rates since 3 pm when we had 11! I'm gonna take a guess at 14-15, but once home I'll report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just reading the comments about any similar cutoff, I wonder if anyone there can either remember or look up what happened with a big snowstorm that hit southeast VA on Feb 29 to Mar 1 1980, I remember it was very heavy snowfalls around Norfolk area (15-20") but don't recall what happened further north. I was working in the Accu-weather office that winter on a business project and probably sitting next to JB when this storm happened (he got so excited even then). Maybe there was a similar cutoff with that storm as I don't think it snowed in State College PA. 

5 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Just reading the comments about any similar cutoff, I wonder if anyone there can either remember or look up what happened with a big snowstorm that hit southeast VA on Feb 29 to Mar 1 1980, I remember it was very heavy snowfalls around Norfolk area (15-20") but don't recall what happened further north. I was working in the Accu-weather office that winter on a business project and probably sitting next to JB when this storm happened (he got so excited even then). Maybe there was a similar cutoff with that storm as I don't think it snowed in State College PA. 

I am west and a LITTLE north, had 11.2 inches between those dates here. 

• Thanks 1