Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Oh, I know that it wasn't a weak El Nino like it is now but when you actually look at both weak La Ninas and Ninos you can get similar set-ups in a slightly different pattern.  Just a thought, nothing etched in stone of course.:)

Weak la nina is actually our second most prolific snowfall producer behind weak el nino...both are good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Regardless of what we see, my money is on at least one and probably two larger events later this season.

Really hard to bet against that given the past 8 winters...even without looking at any weather data lol.  

I'll put money on at least one or two big ones in SNE just playing the odds...like where some jackpot area is 18"+.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Really hard to bet against that given the past 8 winters...even without looking at any weather data lol.  

I'll put money on at least one or two big ones in SNE just playing the odds...like where some jackpot area is 18"+.

We will have an event in SNE where 30" is measured somewhere this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice early improvements then pv squashes. Raise hands if you think gfs will handle these features properly. 

If, regardless of all the upgrades the GFS has had, is still a progressive model, then slow everything up by about 6 or so hours  including the PV and you can see the potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll bet if you researched the topic thoroughly, you would be hard pressed to unearth a major winter storm that heavily impacted the mid atl and whiffed sne in a weak modoki el nino season.

Plenty were modeled to, sure....Jan 2005 one very notable one....Jan 2015 was supposed to fish.

Northern stream will rule this season.

Ponder that one for a bit...

Not everyone agrees that this is a weak modoki el nino. I've seen references to it being a weak to moderate el nino. Which years do you consider to be a weak modoki el nino?

Like I said earlier ... the GGEM is the only model that's consistently showing much impact this far up the eastern seaboard over many cycles.. this one is no exception. 

Which may or may not fit in with folks' preferences for deterministic Meteorology ... probably less. Just sayn'.   

Hate to say ... still seeing velocity surplus issues with the GFS (and the GGEM too) that is lending to their smearing initial cyclogenesis quickly east and sort of dissecting it from the deeper layer support. 

The GGEM has a mid level wave mechanical issues in deciding how much so to phase or negatively interfere ...netting a weaker over-all system on this run.  

The GFS also has less N/stream ... owing to it's straight east out to sea solution; however, that doesn't really fit very well with PNAP/NAO status at the time... 

Euro may clear things up but it'll prolly have it's own notion on these various fields.   

December 9-10 is a hot mess!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hate to say ... still seeing velocity surplus issues with the GFS (and the GGEM too) that is lending to their smearing initial cyclogenesis quickly east and sort of dissecting it from the deeper layer support. 

The GGEM has a mid level wave mechanical issues in deciding how much so to phase or negatively interfere ...netting a weaker over-all system on this run.  

The GFS also has less N/stream ... owing to it's straight east out to sea solution; however, that doesn't really fit very well with PNAP/NAO status at the time... 

Euro may clear things up but it'll prolly have it's own notion on these various fields.   

December 9-10 is a hot mess!

Ventrice seems all in. He's saying stage is appearing to be set  for classic mid -atl snowstorm. Potential for 1-2 feet in NC-VA. If that happens it will make many here reach for the toaster.

13 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Ventrice seems all in. He's saying stage is appearing to be set  for classic mid -atl snowstorm. Potential for 1-2 feet in NC-VA. If that happens it will make many here reach for the toaster.

The Baltimore weenies will cry harder if RIC gets 6+ and they’re smoking