Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

EPO def starts going negative prior to Xmas but the cold wants to dive south to the west of us first. That can be an ideal pattern for a grinch cutter. Hopefully we can end up north of any gradient but no guarantee. 

I’m sure they’ll be a chart posted to disprove that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPO def starts going negative prior to Xmas but the cold wants to dive south to the west of us first. That can be an ideal pattern for a grinch cutter. Hopefully we can end up north of any gradient but no guarantee. 

Cmc and gfs are way different. Euro and EPS has been too warm in the long range.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Jesus , enough of the arctic shortwave...its flurries at best.

Eh. There's a chance it could produce something better...esp out there....but it's the type of system you can't really analyze at this time range. 

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm sure raindancewx is feeling pretty confident right now. I believe 94/95 was his top analog followed by 06/07. 

If Raindancewx saw November and December so far, he would realize that the 94/95 and 06/07 winter were actually a different and warmer pattern before.

Just now, Greg said:

If Raindancewx saw November and December so far, he would realize that the 94/95 and 06/07 was actually a different and warmer pattern before.

Early December was bad luck in a good pattern....I'm not sure how that is 1994 or 2006. In fact, its better than 2014 and 2004.

• Like 1

Some of you have completely lost your marbles. I mean loony bin type stuff.  Good Lord. This pattern is nothing like 2006 or 1994. All we are seeing, is in intraseasonal 2 to 3 week hiatus and what will probably flip back to a pattern similar to what we had before. That’s all. If I’m wrong then bump this post, but for God’s sake, embrace the hiatus and know that it should flip back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Early December was bad luck in a good pattern....I'm not sure how that is 1994 or 2006. In fact, its better than 2014 and 2004.

I agree totally.  The pattern is not Nov/Dec 1994 or 2006.  Sure you can get some cutters even in a good pattern but I do recognize this pattern and it has been seen before in a good way, which we all know. We all need to be a little patient that's all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some of you have completely lost your marbles. I mean loony bin type stuff.  Good Lord. This pattern is nothing like 2006 or 1994. All we are seeing, is in intraseasonal 2 to 3 week hiatus and what will probably flip back to a pattern similar to what we had before. That’s all. If I’m wrong then bump this post, but for God’s sake, embrace the hiatus and know that it should flip back.

Damn it. I was locking in V-Day 2007 already. No 36” storm for me I guess. 

• Like 1