Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Might be stormy at times. It’s the type where you could see interior snow if something like that later EPS has. But for all those spanking it to judah, wave flux bullshit, frictional torque....whatever makes you comfy in your footy pajamas with a pacifier sucking in and out like Maggie Simpson and ignoring everything in front of you.....taste the collective ass of the MJO.

8040B90B-E8EE-4E72-B1AF-37C4624563A1.png

Come to the dark side. El Ni~no, spanish for The Ni~no

Rock on 94-95!

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS profiles? New GFS15 and High def RGEM have all snow profiles I would say 6 to 9 in the city, immediate burbs to the NW a foot but AEMATT says its an unpopulated foregettable area. Its is funny how you guys act when its not IYBY. Euro schooled everyone Nov 15th and for this . Amazing consistency 

Good luck man...like I said i take the under on a foot for CLT. Pretty good warm tongue.  

Most here aren't going to stay up for a moderate snowstorm...yeah if we lived there maybe. Congrats Boone NC though in the mountains. 

Some here are deathly afraid of a week of normal with some above normal days in the midst of a cold regime reshuffling. They have exclusively talked about it since Thanksgiving. Funny stuff mostly because it didn't snow in their backyard. Still way AN snow here. AVE is 3.5 by Dec 7th 8.5 on the books, something tells me I finish Dec above my normal YTD of 13.5 

30dTDeptNRCC.png

3 hours ago, frd said:

Ray, do you buy the progression on the weeklies ? Or, do you feel they are too quick with the good look that they show at the end of Dec.

( starting the 24 th to 26 th ) and in Jan ?  

Also, when the pattern changes to a more favorable for the East , do you expect it to lock in,  or still be variable ?  Aren't we still waiting on the El Nino coupling to take effect.    

Looking back at some winters, to a degree similiar to this one, the good pattern did lock in for about a 30 to 45 day period.   

I know your seasonal by memory,  so I know your winter forecast, but just wondering any thoughts about the evolution you see versus the weeklies. 

I know for fact you were never in the camp for a stellar super cold and snowy December. 

Oh, and there seems to be a considerable amount of long term agreement about week 5 , even though that is ages away.  The GEFS, Euro weeklies and CFSv2 seem to show the same pattern. 

Thanks 

I think the last week of December is reasonable, but I won't be surprised if the pattern waivers a bit until past mid January, then locks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Well it’s good to see Steve basically back to normal.

Well he had a little more time than usual to be able to calculate all of those complicated GPH and vorticity equations in his head to know all of those shortwaves were sampled well enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

Hell....by mid January winter is basically over, now is the time we should be building pack

I know, right? I usually start working on my tan around Groundhog Day. I'm just white enough by then to start to feel the effect of that 2.5 UV index.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well he had a little more time than usual to be able to calculate all of those complicated GPH and vorticity equations in his head to know all of those shortwaves were sampled well enough.

There was no way a 6 day euro forecast was wrong if it was showing it at D8-9 too. Save a horse. 

• Haha 1