• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

Who’s melting? Nao folds like the Yankees in the post season. I’m not sure December starts with a bang, but should step down heading through first week as colder weather moves east. I still think December should be at least decent. May see some east based -nao action after first week if eps is right.

8 minutes ago, TheCloser24 said:

Weird evolution next week on 6z GFS with coastal low and inverted trough...

Yeah I'll put that in the not likely camp. I'm not sure a d7 inverted trough has ever verified. It'll probably end up a more consolidated system...whether that's a cutter or offshore, we'll see.

Big 4 in SNE through 11/20

BOS: -0.3

ORH: -3.1

BDL: -2.5

PVD: -1.3

Those are gonna get slammed the next 3 days. If the forecast through Saturday doesn't drastically change, I have ORH down to roughly 36.2F for November with 6 days remaining. Their coldest November on record going back to 1892 is 34.4F in 1967....so depending on how cold early next week shakes out and they don't get warm sectored in any of those storms...it could start to get interesting. It's a long shot, but either way it will end up high on the list. They need to get to 35.3F for top 5 coldest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Those are gonna get slammed the next 3 days. If the forecast through Saturday doesn't drastically change, I have ORH down to roughly 36.2F for November with 6 days remaining. Their coldest November on record going back to 1892 is 34.4F in 1967....so depending on how cold early next week shakes out and they don't get warm sectored in any of those storms...it could start to get interesting. It's a long shot, but either way it will end up high on the list. They need to get to 35.3F for top 5 coldest.

I'll bet the coldest el nino November seasons went on to be pretty good.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

CON is 36.0F for a -4.1 through 11/20.

Making top 10 will be tough.

CON11T.png