Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

25 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Man it's beautiful out. Got home this morning around 530am, and was the first car to come up the hill to the cottages in probably an hour with unplowed roads. Felt like the first true snowstorm of the year lol, but glad to know my Subaru can make it up that hill with snow on it. Coming in at just under 4 inches at the house, loving it.

Wow, almost 4"?  Nice!! You on a west facing slope?  I just went and measured around my neighborhood, the most I found was 3.25" with 2" max on my property. It's some seriously fluffy stuff.  My neighbors seem to be enjoying it too.

LRM_EXPORT_48684950818891_20181128_100857070.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

Wow, almost 4"?  Nice!! You on a west facing slope?  I just went and measured around my neighborhood, the most I found was 3.25" with 2" max on my property. It's some seriously fluffy stuff.  My neighbors seem to be enjoying it too.

LRM_EXPORT_48684950818891_20181128_100857070.jpeg

wow, that's a nice shot! And yea, where my development is, is a couple hundred feet higher than Boone so on a setup like this we can get a decent amount more than downtown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Man it's beautiful out. Got home this morning around 530am, and was the first car to come up the hill to the cottages in probably an hour with unplowed roads. Felt like the first true snowstorm of the year lol, but glad to know my Subaru can make it up that hill with snow on it. Coming in at just under 4 inches at the house, loving it.

Ah, the cottages. I have some memories from there but I don’t remember much of them. Lol 

1 minute ago, SnoJoe said:

Nice. Just hit my high for the day at 24.6. Warmer air is on it's way. 

Hope so...my truck hit a sheet of ice today so I had to park it walk home and get the ol' f350 7.3...We've had 4 events up here in the mountains and it's not even technically winter.  This is going to be an active winter.  Glad to be here with you all and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving :)

16 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Oh....and about 3 inches for this event and stayed well below freezing for over 48 hours. I'll take it in Nov.

Yea ended up pretty nice, I was extremely disappointed with the icy aspect Monday night(I'm tired of cutting trees at my parents place lol) But last night really surprised a lot of people.  -1 for all the weather apps that didn't have any accumulations even as it was coming in hard. Glad my friends knew it was gonna get rough for a bit though.

• Like 1

Allright last one of the season.

ROLL CALL

Hope the handull of posters in this thread from last week get one more trip in tommorow  to watch the boys net the 3peat. A rainy cold day in Boone is always better than a day spent on the laz-boy in front of a fire. After that im sitting here trying to figure out how to break the bank and get to NOLA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Allright last one of the season.

ROLL CALL

Hope the handull of posters in this thread from last week get one more trip in tommorow  to watch the boys net the 3peat. A rainy cold day in Boone is always better than a day spent on the laz-boy in front of a fire. After that im sitting here trying to figure out how to break the bank and get to NOLA.

Go App. 

5 hours ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Speaking of Boone congratulations to App State. 

App State 30- Louisiana 19

Nice win, but for the love of God, could someone just beat Alabama.

Rainy, drizzly, dark, foggy, breezy, miserable day. Counteracted by friends. spirits, fire, food, football, fellowship. I won.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Nice win, but for the love of God, could someone just beat Alabama.

Rainy, drizzly, dark, foggy, breezy, miserable day. Counteracted by friends. spirits, fire, food, football, fellowship. I won.

Not a Alabama fan but I think they're the best team in the country once again.