Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/2019 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

17 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Wow come on mountain peeps, we got a good NWF headed our way later today get excited! Even Asheville may see some flurries or a snow shower.

b88ded2dd0a5eb865b47b648893fac5f.jpg

I'm trying to get excieted but GSP gives me no accumulation and only a 20% chance.

..Little to no snow accumulation is expected attm, though near a half of an inch to an inch could not be ruled out at the higher elevations. High temperatures across the NC mountains will range from the upper 30s to mid to upper 40s.

And Ray says a dusting to an inch.

...At best, you'll see a dusting of snow with, perhaps, an inch or so at the highest elevations near the state line.

What are they missing?

I'm trying to get excieted but GSP gives me no accumulation and only a 20% chance.
  ..Little to no snow accumulation is expected attm, though near a half of an inch to an inch could not be ruled out at the higher elevations. High temperatures across the NC mountains will range from the upper 30s to mid to upper 40s.
And Ray says a dusting to an inch.
...At best, you'll see a dusting of snow with, perhaps, an inch or so at the highest elevations near the state line.
What are they missing?
Who knows, but Ive rarely see either get a NWF forecast right since I moved here. I had a 7" in foscoe last year with a nws/ray forecast for flurries.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Who knows, but Ive rarely see either get a NWF forecast right since I moved here. I had a 7" in foscoe last year with a nws/ray forecast for flurries.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They never got it right up here last winter either, Joe.  Not for Wolf anyway.  I vividly remember them forecasting an inch max late last October and we had 4-6" on the ground.  

10 minutes ago, NC_WX10 said:

Really surprised at the inactivity on here today. Nam and 3k nam look great above 3,000 feet. 

We had some sunshine earlier.  Now we're back to heavy fog and down to 24.3/23.3 with a nice coat of rime ice coating the trees.  

The 3k NAM and HRRR are miles apart on their accumulated snow through 5a Tuesday.  HRRR lines up more like the global models.  I've seen the 3k NAM gung-ho stuff like this before and wouldn't be surprised if that was the case this time as well.  We shall see.

hrrr_snow_charlotte_19.png

hires_snow_charlotte_23.png