• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hats off to you and Jerry exceptional call on the WAR persistence. Orientation looks like lots of wet as we are in the battle zone

It looks so so wet . Can picture shrooms in lawns, blights on plants, and black mold on everything 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It looks so so wet . Can picture shrooms in lawns, blights on plants, and black mold on everything 

Houses sinking into the earth, mangroves along the south shore, gators in every backyard, babies born with webbed feet and hands

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I lifeguarded at the State Beach, never ever closed, waist deep restrictions yea but geezuz what is going on. 

Due to continued high risk of #ripcurrents + expected strong undertow, Misquamicut State Beach is closed today; E. Matunuck, Scarborough, E. Beach, Charlestown Breachway are open, but limited to knee deep swimming. Staff assessing throughout the day. When in doubt, don’t go out

TD higher now (near 70) than the temp got yesterday (66), and thru 7 AM I'd dumped 0.86" from the gauge, with another 30 dbz patch over the garden about 8:30.  Saturday made 12 sunny/mostly sunny days this month, most I've recorded in 21 Julys.  May not get any more for a while, perhaps not until well into August.

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hats off to you and Jerry exceptional call on the WAR persistence. Orientation looks like lots of wet as we are in the battle zone

Thanks!  I actually saw the signs in the guidance during the big heat in the first week of July.  I thought (and still think) it would/will be kind of hot also.  So that’s up in the air.  Kevin was spot on with his mostly humid vs warm call.

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, good job Fella and DonkInTolland. You hit the war and it’s a persistent mofo. Congrats. Now we enjoy this awful stretch that will be forgotten immediately when it’s over. 

Its actually not bad here in SECT with the strong winds and clouds. Much better than stagnant hhh stuff

Pretty sure most of us called for a humid, wet period under the battleground while others had us in humid persistent Bermuda blues and all of the rain into PA/NY.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure most of us called for a humid, wet period under the battleground while others had us in humid persistent Bermuda blues and all of the rain into PA/NY.

The chamber of commerce is hiding.

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

How much rain have you had since Sunday?

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its actually not bad here in SECT with the strong winds and clouds. Much better than stagnant hhh stuff

Yea it’s not bad at work in Norwalk either but when you wake in the morning to all the windows in the house fogged up, with the AC running...you know it will be a dewy day. Feel bad for anyone remotely inland. 

33 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The highlight for me was my 83 year old Dad struggling to breathe with the high heat/humidity two weeks ago.

Why wouldn’t he be able to breathe?  Was there a toxic substance in the air?  Or was exertion in the conditions more difficult as it is for most?