joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re right. It just looks chilly and BN. Jackets all summer 

I don't get that interpretation either?  

Why does it always have to be one extreme or the other?  I don't get how the two options are either HHH with A/C running 24/7, or jacket weather.  That's failing to recognize like a 20-degree range of pleasant shorts weather where you don't need AC.

Can't you just have a nice day in the mid to upper 70s without having to sell it as deep summer or autumn?  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I don't get that interpretation either?  

Why does it always have to be one extreme or the other?  I don't get how the two options are either HHH with A/C running 24/7, or jacket weather.  That's failing to recognize like a 20-degree range of pleasant shorts weather where you don't need AC.

Can't you just have a nice day in the mid to upper 70s without having to sell it as deep summer or autumn?  

You must be new here.

30 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Geezus what a swing in 2 days, yesterday was pretty sweet, anyone liking Sat more than Sun needs their head examined. 49 moderate rain.

yesterday was great to be outside digging in the dirt but had I been on the water give me Saturday.  And as for today, lousy, but we could use the rain.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

yesterday was great to be outside digging in the dirt but had I been on the water give me Saturday.  And as for today, lousy, but we could use the rain.

In the water maybe, it was gross muggy everywhere. yes nice rain. Not everyone works Monday so I pity those who have today off.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

In the water maybe, it was gross muggy everywhere. yes nice rain. Not everyone works Monday so I pity those who have today off.

Sat dried out nicely up here. Sun was 65-70 here so both were A+. My 40 y/o bones preferred the warmer start on Saturday though. Today can just go to hell. I don't want a 46F deluge in June.

17 hours ago, alex said:

Fortunately, not us. 37F

Had 37 here as well, and about the same today - clouds may have prevented frost this morning.  However, my Saturday plantings may not like today-Wed.

Mt Washington June snow average 1".  Most 8.1" in 1959.  Most in 24 hours is 5.1"  1988

And that 5.1" came on June 30, with another 0.2" on July 1.  What's impressive to me is that MWN's median snowfall for June is 0.3" rather than zero, meaning that they have measurable in more than half of the years.  10 AM on the Rockpile: 30 with ZR, 30G41, vis 1/16, WCI 15.  Hope no one is climbing today.

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Had 37 here as well, and about the same today - clouds may have prevented frost this morning.  However, my Saturday plantings may not like today-Wed.

Mt Washington June snow average 1".  Most 8.1" in 1959.  Most in 24 hours is 5.1"  1988

And that 5.1" came on June 30, with another 0.2" on July 1.  What's impressive to me is that MWN's median snowfall for June is 0.3" rather than zero, meaning that they have measurable in more than half of the years.  10 AM on the Rockpile: 30 with ZR, 30G41, vis 1/16, WCI 15.  Hope no one is climbing today.

Time for a forecast update. The only meaningful forecast variable today is temps to drive ptype, yet we're saying all rain for the summit. 

I know it's nitpicky, but step one is admitting you have a problem.

Was there any seismology leading that thing ... or did it just up and uncork? 

Pyroclasm is proooobably not that ubiquitous in the heads of third world hoi polloi... Hell, that's probably the case at home for that matter.   

They may be a step or two better off than your average run-o-the-mill Pompeiian

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AMOUT

Beautiful chamber weather when the hot spots are just tickling 80F for highs. 

Looks great.  Better than this 47-53F crap from today.

Woodsmoke smell in the air, half expect to watch a Monday Night NFL game tonight with this weather.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Beautiful chamber weather when the hot spots are just tickling 80F for highs. 

Looks great.  Better than this 47-53F crap from today.

Woodsmoke smell in the air, half expect to watch a Monday Night NFL game tonight with this weather.

Just got out of a meeting at our town school.  Woodsmoke...unusual for June unless it was a fire pit. 

Archived