Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MetHerb

Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

Recommended Posts

Meh... always good to get rain in May...  'cuz unless it is a rarer wet June, which ...yeah, sometimes can happen, we'll need it in July and August...

'Sides, we are still way above normal temps.  A cool day was probably inevitable sooner rather than later -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh... always good to get rain in May...  'cuz unless it is a rarer wet June, which ...yeah, sometimes can happen, we'll need it in July and August...

'Sides, we are still way above normal temps.  A cool day was probably inevitable sooner rather than later -

Inferno month. Tomorrow and next week/end cement a top 5-10 er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Inferno month. Tomorrow and next week/end cement a top 5-10 er

I'm wondering how much cloud contamination lingers tomorrow in that warm sector...  I think the NAM could be a little pessimistic... but interestingly, it has the warmer machine guidance.  Euro looks toasty..  But I don't know if any scenario that is being charted at this time means "inferno" ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Tomorrow we gain 20-30. 

Hopefully sunny, sick of cloudy days even if they are warm, we expanded our goalposts from top 5 to top 10 I see, lol. The warm temps AN belie the fact in SNE its been sh it weather since that COC week 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent soaking here.   Luckily it was mostly light showers with only short lived heavier bursts because we were hosting nine  little boys and parents for a seven-year-old's birthday party.   Was at least able to get the boys outside for stretches.

 The secret to a good kids birthday party is to entertain both the kids and adults.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

 Three days at Boston calling I hope he's right for change.

You going?   They quickly buillt that into one of the premier alternative music events in the country. 

 I know I'm getting old when I only knew about 1/3 of the bands performing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few spritzes outside.  Latest GFS did its usual trick of dropping QPF here by 50% or more just prior to the event - was about 1" on yesterday's runs, down to .3-.4 at 12z (and radar looks rather disjointed, so the model may be on to something.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You going?   They quickly buillt that into one of the premier alternative music events in the country. 

 I know I'm getting old when I only knew about 1/3 of the bands performing. 

 Yes Platinum pass for all three days . I never would've spent the money it was a gift . Don't feel bad I follow music pretty closely and I might know less than 1/3 of the bands 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

A few spritzes outside.  Latest GFS did its usual trick of dropping QPF here by 50% or more just prior to the event - was about 1" on yesterday's runs, down to .3-.4 at 12z (and radar looks rather disjointed, so the model may be on to something.)

Tam' it's a correction I've seen 'endemic' to the NAM as well...  I've noticed that it balloons QPF handling winter storms in the FRH FOUS numbers by 1/3 to almost 1/2" for midland intensity mid latitude events. It seems when a system in question is of upper tier physical presence in the atmosphere it does better .. probably because above some threshold any biases ends up masked by the prominence of the event its self.. But, below that, it loves to have 1+" totals at 60 hours ... ending up as .5 and change if that by 24 hours lead.

I wonder if that's an American model trait ...do to some .. process/sequencing they use that say the UKMET or Euro don't. Who knows ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Departures dropping faster than a hair follicle from Kevin’s head. 

..Until tomorrow... heh -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

60F up here today. Not bad until the rain arrived in the afternoon. Lots of morning sun.

Maxed out at 56F here. 0.30" of rain to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

60F up here today. Not bad until the rain arrived in the afternoon. Lots of morning sun.

Made it higher up here...salvaged a lot of the day and it was quite nice for a while.

63/24 with 23% RH at 1pm was real nice before it was able to saturate more at 4-5pm.  

Funny how -RN started being reported at 57/35...44% RH and water evaporating on the ground as fast as it falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Made it higher up here...salvaged a lot of the day and it was quite nice for a while.

63/24 with 23% RH at 1pm was real nice before it was able to saturate more at 4-5pm.  

Funny how -RN started being reported at 57/35...44% RH and water evaporating on the ground as fast as it falls.

FVE with the rare win today...low 70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun's trying to peek out, but it's struggling with the murk.

With my travels, I've missed most of the month's warmth and have only been exposed to cold rains.  I guess that will change this week, and the pool's opening tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we're doing a little house exploring in ORH land today.  My wife's taken a position in Worcester so we'll likely be getting the Pit on the market in a month or so.  I am going to miss this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Sun's trying to peek out, but it's struggling with the murk.

With my travels, I've missed most of the month's warmth and have only been exposed to cold rains.  I guess that will change this week, and the pool's opening tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we're doing a little house exploring in ORH land today.  My wife's taken a position in Worcester so we'll likely be getting the Pit on the market in a month or so.  I am going to miss this place.

Wow man. Now that is big news. Welcome to more qpf !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow man. Now that is big news. Welcome to more qpf !

We had inklings this would be happening for a while as we wanted to get closer to our daughter who's going to live at school next year.  We've been here for 10 years (longest I've ever lived someplace other than my childhood home).  Good chance will live right in Worcester though I'm also open to other areas NW of there.  

Our first house was in Worcester--back when I discovered Eastern around 2003.  I remember pissing my wife off by convincing her to cancel our Christmas Day visit to her family in Marblehead because of an impending storm.  Of course, the storm was delayed (not denied) and I still get sh*t for that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man these dews this morning are great. Rocketing well up into the 60’s as we head into yet another well AN stretch to close out the month. What a Mayorch 

Box going below normal for later in the week.. rain chances increasing for Memorial day weekend meh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×