Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s a nice fronto signal on the NAM. Watch the dry air, but that’s more of special to the pike than shown. 

The vortmax track is pretty good for most of SNE. I know it's kind of an old rule when models were run on tandys...but it still works very well. It goes right across LI/LI sound roughly which is pretty classic for a nice stripe just to the north of that by 30-60 miles.

Just keep a nice kink in the height field and someone will do well and keep that vortmax consolidated and not sheared. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The vortmax track is pretty good for most of SNE. I know it's kind of an old rule when models were run on tandys...but it still works very well. It goes right across LI/LI sound roughly which is pretty classic for a nice stripe just to the north of that by 30-60 miles.

Just keep a nice kink in the height field and someone will do well and keep that vortmax consolidated and not sheared. 

I think the ceiling is two inches for my area...but its more likely to be not much of anything.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’ll only get a sloppy inch if you are in the city. Will want to be north and west or north and east . 

I’ll take pictures but I’ll bet you Central Park gets at least 3 inches! That’s pretty uncommon we’re going to start around 3-4am probably earlier as they usually come in earlier and end earlier. Figure from 4am to 9am it’s going to rip... it will definitely get white everywhere even in the city especially if the soundings are right according to nam. All you need is good rates and 32 degrees or lower and u can get snow even on 5th ave

1 minute ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

I’ll take pictures but I’ll bet you Central Park gets at least 3 inches! That’s pretty uncommon we’re going to start around 3-4am probably earlier as they usually come in earlier and end earlier. Figure from 4am to 9am it’s going to rip... it will definitely get white everywhere even in the city especially if the soundings are right according to nam. All you need is good rates and 32 degrees or lower and u can get snow even on 5th ave

:weenie:

20 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sorry, but I blatantly disagree here.

The NAM has 3" up to the pike.

You're saying 4"+ all the way to the pike?

I’m saying it’s likely more than the queens see. At least speaking verbatim. Probably will need to wait until 12z tomorrow. 

Archived