joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By 8am QPF.  for the Nam  sharp gradient.   Bernie would yell at me for talking qpf lol
nam_total_precip_nyc_13.thumb.png.16e06e9b8587b49c0341a8bb3af9cde7.png
Honestly, I'm still not positive on this outcome. This is all about the phasing. At Hr 24 we are very close and we still have yet to see exactly how the artic s/w will play into this. A shift west in precip, and even the low itself is not out of the question. It's still only minor adjustments.

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:
7 minutes ago, keno19 said:
By 8am QPF.  for the Nam  sharp gradient.   Bernie would yell at me for talking qpf lol

Honestly, I'm still not positive on this outcome. This is all about the phasing. At Hr 24 we are very close and we still have yet to see exactly how the artic s/w will play into this. A shift west in precip, and even the low itself is not out of the question. It's still only minor adjustments.

Not that I don't appreciate the optimism, but this one is pretty much DOA.  It's alive for some people on LI, but for NYC on west, a lot has to change and soon.

3 minutes ago, USCG RS said:
8 minutes ago, keno19 said:

Very close but that change has to happen very soon. Agonizing but it is what it is.

3 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

BOS and SE gets hit hard.....we (Nassau County) just swung and missed at a curve in the dirt for strike 3. Missed out on all 3 storms. The one that would have actually brought snow we get no precip from....horrible winter.

Agree

Truly amazing how NYC missed out on 3 noreaster with a favorable pattern.

Remember last Friday when the GEPS showed a snowstorm and eps showed many members very close to the coast.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Agree

Truly amazing how NYC missed out on 3 noreaster with a favorable pattern.

Remember last Friday when the GEPS showed a snowstorm and eps showed many members very close to the coast.

At least we get to see Boston get a foot or more :lol:<_<

8 minutes ago, USCG RS said:
13 minutes ago, keno19 said:

Must watch where the banding sets up

At the very least, the SREFs show a super amped solution is still theoretically not physically impossible... I guess.

if only that southern s/w were slightly weaker, faster, and further north... but alas, as with all these systems it's a matter of timing and threading the needle. While it's not 100% dead just yet, particularly for those in Suffolk, it's not looking good at all

4 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

The main Low hasn’t even formed yet and already people throwin in towel.

all eyes shud be off the coast of sc now,  not model hoppin .  12z will let us know whether to abandon ship or not.

The low is forming over 65 to 70 degree water temps. lightning already popping up .

75 to 100 mile shift is all that’s needed.

The upper level pattern would suggest it’s not coming much further west.  However the incoming northern stream vort can interact just enough with the offshore system or on its own produce an area of snow.  2/2013 is the best example followed by December 2004 and December 1995.  Those two only produced about 3-4 inches but it wasnt modeled well in either case 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The upper level pattern would suggest it’s not coming much further west.  However the incoming northern stream vort can interact just enough with the offshore system or on its own produce an area of snow.  2/2013 is the best example followed by December 2004 and December 1995.  Those two only produced about 3-4 inches but it wasnt modeled well in either case 

So many variations from run to run with the upper levels though, not much needs changing.  

Im skeptical with the models underperforming again on the backend as well.

Bottom of the 9th.  2 outs , 2 on. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived