joxey
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jandurin said:
3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
That Western ridge is really flexing. Between that feature and the farther N ull that *should* bump the end result N vs 18z later panels.

That is a noticeable difference

Norther SW digging quicker south through 51

1 hour ago, Ji said:

here is my problem with this storm right now...its not a HECS and without a HECS, its probably going to be a non event. If the models give us 4-8 inches.....im out because thats not going to work. 4-8 will be 2-3 and we will be done unless it comes in a 6 hour period which we know is not happening.

HECS or bust

This is probably the most sensible analysis I have seen for this storm.. it is sad.. but basically right. We need something similar to what the northeast just had

Just now, PDIII said:

This is probably the most sensible analysis I have seen for this storm.. it is sad.. but basically right. We need something similar to what the northeast just had

Perhaps not. They got most of their snow during the day. Like I said, 0.75"-1" per hour could work during the night (or the front end thump) for a 6 hour or longer period. Either way, here's to hoping this storm drops 1"+ QPF (if we get precip at all)

21 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

No in shepherdstown we got 40 inches. biggest storm of my life forever for sure. It was a sexual innuendo though from jonah..

Ok I’m only going to tell you once.  Knock it off and make better posts

here is my problem with this storm right now...its not a HECS and without a HECS, its probably going to be a non event. If the models give us 4-8 inches.....im out because thats not going to work. 4-8 will be 2-3 and we will be done unless it comes in a 6 hour period which we know is not happening.

HECS or bust
You're the starving man at death's door struggling to find a morsel of nourishment to stay alive being offered a stick of beef jerky by a passer-by but throwing it in the garbage while demanding steak and lobster.

ZcjOABw.jpg

Stitched together the 3 best and 3 worst runs. You'll want to zoom in some or download the image to really see how it works. Some common features:

The three best runs feature a low that hangs west or north really early on in its evolution. The worst runs bring the low deep into Alabama or more east.

The three best runs are all inland at 96h. The three worst feature a strong low off the coast and an early transfer.

Two of the three best runs have pretty strong precip shields to the north at 102, but interestingly, e18 shows that even without a super amped system, we can still score. e18 slowly tracks up the coast after looking like it would miss us. If it were op we'd think we were getting fringed.

The three worst runs just head out to sea and still hang back a low over the CONUS.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

looks like the nam is ejecting that southern low out ahead again, so there might be limiting phasing.  even the cmc held the primary back longer.

It’s definitely quicker and the NS squashes it...that damn ULL doesn’t help either

Archived