Newest Member
    joxey
March 1-2 wind event

Ji

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, H2O said:

If you clickon the summary for all their service area there's 146,694 customers w/o service - growing rapidly.  Most outages are still listed as "under investigation".  Surprised we still have power now.  Many around us are w/o. 

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Just answered my own question. Looks like 9-11:00 AM will be peak winds according to the HRRR.

there will be a period this afternoon where they die down some, before picking up again this evening as the low moves further off the coast. 

19 minutes ago, H2O said:

i'll tell you what.  Every few min there is a definite roar when a big wind comes through.  Haven't heard that in a long time.

Yes. Very odd, because the wind almost drops down to almost nothing between the approaching roar of gusts. Though I was sure all metro schools would shut down, I was pretty shocked when the federal gov't AND Fort Belvoir (which doesn't necessarily follow OPM) shuttered for the day. Currently in a wind lull -- haven't had any major gusts in past 10-15 minutes. 42 degrees.

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

Yes. Very odd, because the wind almost drops down to almost nothing between the approaching roar of gusts. Though I was sure all metro schools would shut down, I was pretty shocked when the federal gov't AND Fort Belvoir (which doesn't necessarily follow OPM) shuttered for the day. Currently in a wind lull -- haven't had any major gusts in past 10-15 minutes. 42 degrees.

MARC/VRE/METRO rail all impacted which affects Fed employees.

Archived