• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
-NAO Coastal Bomb March 1-3, 2018 Disco

WeatherFeen2000

I guarantee you guys this is a 6-12 inch snow event for nyc well except central park because they under measure but generally speaking this will be a blizzard after 12pm NYC areawide. Long island is going to change once the low starts moving south after looping towards the city. People give up too fast! This is a beautiful storm so far. And it's definitely colder than modeled.

Edit: John nyc will beat boston in this setup  we are in the better side of the low pressure

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If somehow the NYC area beats Boston for snow in this one, it'll definitely be worth a laugh. I still don't think that happens, but we crossed "who knows" with this a while ago. It'll be a race between how fast the CCB can cool NYC down/banding vs how crazy Boston's firehose is and how long that lasts/how fast that can cool Boston down. 

18 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If somehow the NYC area beats Boston for snow in this one, it'll definitely be worth a laugh. I still don't think that happens, but we crossed "who knows" with this a while ago. It'll be a race between how fast the CCB can cool NYC down/banding vs how crazy Boston's firehose is and how long that lasts/how fast that can cool Boston down. 

It's quite possible. This reminds me of the retrogading storm of 2010.

Just now, snowman19 said:

Didn’t you just tell us not to use the globals anymore?? You must have meant unless they show snow. This is a rainstorm, end to end, nothing has changed. 

It's a hi res model

Be smart for a minute

The Nam is leading the way here

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Euro is basically a rehash of 12/25/02 more or less although not that many areas saw that much snow near NYC.  Because the air mass is so marginal I don't think its right but I could see 2-4 inches possibly

I had 5 inches in the chiristmas storm. I was supposed to get mostly rain. The heavy rain quickly turned to heavy wind driven snow and caught people offguard.

28 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I guarantee you guys this is a 6-12 inch snow event for nyc well except central park because they under measure but generally speaking this will be a blizzard after 12pm NYC areawide. Long island is going to change once the low starts moving south after looping towards the city. People give up too fast! This is a beautiful storm so far. And it's definitely colder than modeled.

Edit: John nyc will beat boston in this setup  we are in the better side of the low pressure

That's way too high lol

42 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Euro is basically a rehash of 12/25/02 more or less although not that many areas saw that much snow near NYC.  Because the air mass is so marginal I don't think its right but I could see 2-4 inches possibly

Got 6" in the Edison area from that and most of NENJ, including just across the river from Manhattan, so I would've thought they got that much too.  Good comparison, which I was thinking about also.  I vividly recall that changeover on Christmas afternoon and then a wall of white. 

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2003/25-Dec-02.html

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Wow the Nam is colder with a big CCB right over the area.

SREF increased with 2-4 inches now for the area.

Yeah that's a sizable cool down, I think that along with the Euro makes me think people are gonna be caught off guard big time. 

However it's still a very close call. 

Yeah that's a sizable cool down, I think that along with the Euro makes me think people are gonna be caught off guard big time. 
However it's still a very close call. 
Yeah, I think the area has a good shot at some substantial snow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Albany had this as largely a rain event and they've had 4 inches in the past 3 hours now.  They did not anticipate a full changeover to snow in their 00Z forecast til 13Z and then had it going back to RASN at 17Z
Thinking the area is in for a surprise?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived