• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

OK. So we lose the upper levels out here for about 4 or 5 hours after a pretty decent 2-4 front end thump on the GFS. Then dry slot. The CMC is basically the same but has the dry slot come in a little bit sooner so less rain. CMC would be a snow to drizzle to dry slot type deal. Either solution would be my biggest of the year regardless.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s basically doing what every other storm has done which is trend somewhat flatter.  It makes you feel the Wednesday storm will almost certainly do the same.  The problem is that was such an epic cut job on the overnight runs it has a ways to go to get better 

trends of the season for the win!!

16 minutes ago, mappy said:

GFS is pretty ugly for my backyard, as of right now. By 12z I'm sitting at 32 at the surface, 33-34 at 850. 

I know... but you should see how it looks for the rest of us.  :yikes:  I just meant to say that you guys are in the best position for this event (except for the far west crew).  But I'd be surprised if even you guys saw much more than a couple of inches before the changeover.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

trends of the season for the win!!

What makes thing one extra complicated is that there are 2 discrete pieces. One north and one south. We need the northern one to be flat/weak/fast and it also needs to steal some juice from the southern piece because it's frontside only with a rotting airmass. We don't do complicated well but this isn't just complicated. It's EXTRA complicated for our snow chances. 

3 minutes ago, cae said:

I know... but you should see how it looks for the rest of us.  :yikes:  I just meant to say that you guys are in the best position for this event (except for the far west crew).  But I'd be surprised if even you guys saw much more than a couple of inches before the changeover.

My expectation is a half inch on the grass/mulch. 42 at home now, under clouds. so maybe that will help. I dunno. I'll take whatever falls, of course. 

eta: ahh dammit. I'm in the wrong thread. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

What makes thing one extra complicated is that there are 2 discrete pieces. One north and one south. We need the northern one to be flat/weak/fast and it also needs to steal some juice from the southern piece because it's frontside only with a rotting airmass. We don't do complicated well but this isn't just complicated. It's EXTRA complicated for our snow chances. 

Agreed. Been hoping the gfs was just just ampin up the NS vort and that seasonal tendencies to flatten things out a bit would help to save critical levels as we get closer. Still not convinced but I’m surely not throwing in any towels as Time is still on our side but we are starting to narrow goalposts imo. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed. Been hoping the gfs was just just ampin up the NS vort and that seasonal tendencies to flatten things out a bit would help to save critical levels as we get closer. Still not convinced but I’m surely not throwing in any towels as Time is still on our side but we are starting to narrow goalposts imo. 

Keep it simple. We'll mostly like have at least a marginal column until 18z Sunday. Just root for as much precip to make is here before then as possible. Doesn't matter too much how it happens. We just need as much as possible. Longitude seems to be more important than latitude this go around too. With that being said, my bar is firmly set at 2 hours of snow falling with sticking optional. lol

@Bob ChiII I don’t think it’s unattainable to see an earlier onset if southern steam is more dominant (just not too dominant as alluded to several days back). My goal is for every flake we can get and hopeful stickage and then drizzle snizzle at precip moves out. We need the region as cold as possible for the next challenge in line. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Keep it simple. We'll mostly like have at least a marginal column until 18z Sunday. Just root for as much precip to make is here before then as possible. Doesn't matter too much how it happens. We just need as much as possible. Longitude seems to be more important than latitude this go around too. With that being said, my bar is firmly set at 2 hours of snow falling with sticking optional. lol

but the 540 line runs east to west on the GFS...almost perfectly straight...wouldn't that mean its a north south emphasis without CAD

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

@Bob ChiII I don’t think it’s unattainable to see an earlier onset if southern steam is more dominant (just not too dominant as alluded to several days back). My goal is for every flake we can get and hopeful stickage and then drizzle snizzle at precip moves out. We need the region as cold as possible for the next challenge in line. 

lol who is bob chiii

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

but the 540 line runs east to west on the GFS...almost perfectly straight...wouldn't that mean its a north south emphasis without CAD

Insitu CAD typically (but not always) means the higher elevations to the west  or areas banked up against the mountains will be the last to flip. That + onset to the west first = less favorable for folks to the east. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Insitu CAD typically (but not always) means the higher elevations to the west  or areas banked up against the mountains will be the last to flip. That + onset to the west first = less favorable for folks to the east. 

Roger.  Thanks.  Still like being north of the 540.  

Just now, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

euro has the low about 1000 miles away from where the GFS puts it? 

No, they aren't that much different. Euro has consistently put more emphasis on the southern piece and the GFS is the other way around. Euro still has the northern low (and that's why our column gets roasted) but the dominant storm is the southern one. Seeing the euro so steady with this makes it easy to discount the GFS. 

1 minute ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

thanks. so whats your saying is, theres a chance? 

even with a better track the NS is not going away and there is no high to north..but it would be better I think.  but not too far south or we are stuck in the middle. 

Archived