Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah this whole warmup looks really really meh. We keep seeing it get shorter and muted 

I’m pretty sure you said the same thing about this past torch. I don’t think I would call 2 days of WAN muted. Snow packs erased to Canada

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

WPC failed to release a Model Diagnostic analysis overnight entirely? 

That seems a bit off ... to suppress anger entirely. 

Perhaps they probably don't recognized any present urgency, and believe with conviction ... if not arrogantly, that there really is no potential for this next week. Friday night is was/is a good time to sluff off?  Granted, (haha) they are never going to maintain the same sort of urgency as the local consensus (so to speak...), but in more practical terms ... any sort of coastal system from PHL-PWM would still be affecting a very large, dense population region. Thus, the kind of discontinuity we witnessed on the 00z runs ... yeeeah really should have warranted some sort of a FAST analysis of the model initializations/trends subtending. 

Not doing so is approaching inexcusably shirking on their responsibilities.  'Curious what their excuse is for not doing their jobs overnight.  Perhaps they have budget issues?

Obviously the Government is right that the fluidity of the very atmosphere its self, ....stops for human convention. Through the vicissitudes of societal evolution... crowd fractals have parsed out Saturdays and Sundays along the space-time continuum ... I've noticed the atmosphere also respects that arbitration.... We'll just pick things up again on Monday when the weather checks back in

I think they've been toying with the idea of scaling these back in favor of precipitation forecasting, but that may not be the case here. We also had a very recent build update and patch to AWIPS that is throwing wrenches into just about everything. It's possible it was a one off issue that prevented transmission.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think absolute declarations are the goal at several days lead....but I think there is a larger shot a whiff than widespread 12"+.

You are to me what winterwolf is to Kevin..some sort of weird obsession there.

Skeeves me out.

You don't need me to obsess, you have that handled all by yourself.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Go figure...someone obsessed with weather on a weather forum.

Crazy-

I wasn't referring to the weather.  Anyway, internet squabbles are pointless. I'll try and hold my tongue in the future.

BTW,  the work on your blog is first rate and I am sure required considerable effort.  Maybe don't push so hard?

Archived