Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady
buckeyefan1

Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

1 minute ago, atomic_rooster said:

Maybe 2.5 here in Maxton,n.c.  --- you guys in western wake co. already had your big storm

20180103_181905.jpg

I live in Western Wake County and the last measurable snowfall I got was over three years ago.  I’m not sure what big storm you’re talking about.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Snowing in BSL SW of Wilmington. Did I just use the S word?

I’m cheering for you to get dumped on.  I have accepted my snowless fate in Wake County.

• Like 2

Just now, burrel2 said:

All time record for the Charleston airport is only 6 inches, anybody know what the final tally was for today? Had to be close to that.

I don’t think they got it.  They had 4 about 1 hour before the snow more or less tapered to flurries.  I’m guessing they were near 5. I’m confused by the record since I saw METARs from 1989 that said 4/008 or 4/009 so it seems they got 8-9 in that storm 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hello from up north!! Enjoy winter folks!!

Enjoy the storm! Used to live in Weymouth before moving here 2 years ago this spring. It's been interesting going from being in a great spot for snow, to now begging for an inch of it. 

Enjoy your blizzard! 

Just now, Bryan63 said:

Enjoy the storm! Used to live in Weymouth before moving here 2 years ago this spring. It's been interesting going from being in a great spot for snow, to now begging for an inch of it. 

Enjoy your blizzard! 

Oh yeah buddy.... How are you man? This is great Bringing a taste of Weymouth winter to the south..lol. Enjoy it folks. Stay safe.

15 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

All time record for the Charleston airport is only 6 inches, anybody know what the final tally was for today? Had to be close to that.

Officially 5" at KCHS.  It is a record for Charleston for January though..daily, and monthly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I don’t think they got it.  They had 4 about 1 hour before the snow more or less tapered to flurries.  I’m guessing they were near 5. I’m confused by the record since I saw METARs from 1989 that said 4/008 or 4/009 so it seems they got 8-9 in that storm 

It was 5”. 3rd biggest snow in history. Some inland areas like Knightsville and Summerville got 7”+. There will probably be a couple 8” readings somewhere in the Tri-County after this storm. Even Folly Beach had 2-3”.