Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When Bufkit comes out I will post it, pretty good lift there, good omega, probably some decent ratios

Yeah if the NAM actually verified with that look, you'd see a little mini fluff bomb down ont he south coast and adjacent areas...someone would prob score 4-6" on a quarter inch of qpf. Don't wanna call for that yet, but if we can get one more tick on other guidance, then we could start talking solid advisory down there.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The P and C soundings had a great look down there. Good lift in the DGZ. DGZ is low too.

Yeah any low level forcing will go to town with this atmospheric profile. That's why it will be good to get a more and more defined sfc low backing the flow a bit off the ocean...that will create some fun things.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah any low level forcing will go to town with this atmospheric profile. That's why it will be good to get a more and more defined sfc low backing the flow a bit off the ocean...that will create some fun things.

That's the biggest concern I've seen.  We've had a sheared out low not allowing the return flow.  The flow over the Northeast has relaxed a bit allowing for this subtle "trend" to occur.  Hopefully it holds.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You always post that like you think that is the forecast or that is what will happen. Do you honestly think that’s the official forecast to use?

I should be like you and triple the model that shows the most possible snowfall. I'm sure you know better than trained meteorologist's.

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s all about visions. There are some who see scarey objects in a paranoid state and are deathly afraid to commit, so they ‘meh’ everything.....while some see funny fat clowns juggling with one hand in a two piece bathing suit....and thus, anything is possible, so it usually is. 

I almost spit out my beer

Archived