wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

IZG hit -31 1/1, HIE -30 and -33 1/1 and 1/2

1/2 North Stratford coop hit -40.

55 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Probably stayed mixed to some extent up there.  It's not unusual when a deep low is spinning to the north - northern Aroostook remains partially in the cyclonic flow while 200 miles SW it's calm and radiating.  The frigid mid-Feb run in 1979 featured 8 consecutive subzero maxima at my place in Ft. Kent but a low of -21, nothing extraordinary, because the wind never quit.  Meanwhile, Rangeley had several nights under -30, bottoming out at -38.

Low this AM was -13, wind still gusting to near 30.  We should pass the -7 from 9 last night, yesterday's low (and the first day since 12/26 that didn't reach negative double digits.)  Probably will top out near the -3 of 12/28, and if we go calm before midnight, we'll make a run at -30.

Great point Tamarack.

Thanks for the info OceanSt.  Ya those lows occurred after I had left, so that’s probably why I wasn’t aware as well.  I stand corrected. 

-2.8F  1215pm.   I think I am going to do it, first below zero high.  Vis coming back up as flurries coming to an end.  Probably more solar insulation this PM so will be close.

Mt Washington up to -31F at noon.  I guess the coldest air aloft is passing by to the east.  Is it all uphill from this point boys???

Let me have my below zero day and Im done till next winter.  Bring back normal temps...

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

West winds FTL

Really impressive cold shot but if we had more northerly winds it would be a record breaker for us. Up north near powderfreak and some other areas that aren't as sensitive to west wind downslope won't really get modified and they are also at the heart of the cold too. 

Late Dec was prob more impressive from a climo standpoint too even if our temps end up similar in the end. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Really impressive cold shot but if we had more northerly winds it would be a record breaker for us. Up north near powderfreak and some other areas that aren't as sensitive to west wind downslope won't really get modified and they are also at the heart of the cold too. 

Late Dec was prob more impressive from a climo standpoint too even if our temps end up similar in the end. 

Still 4.5 here but will tickle 7 I think 

6 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Oh well I had such high hopes for this cold shot. Maybe tonight we can get a cheap midnight low below zero if these winds will die off otherwise another cold night wasted because of winds.

You have such a cold fetish.  Does it really matter if the winds keep it up a few degrees?

13 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

The dream continues.

-1.4F but the clouds are getting thinner and the sun stronger.  It's going to be a race between increasing sun and lower sun angle.  I don't know why but having a below zero 24 hours is one of my bucket list weather experiences...

Archived