Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That's how I feel about it right now. Bummed about late week but still hopeful about the pattern in general. Several threats coming. Active enough. We should luck into something. 

You know what would boost spirits exponentially? Picking up 1" on wed. Euro tried to do it today. We've done well with sneaky no-nothings becoming a little sumpin sump'n. That's some teknal analamasis right der

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jebman said:

Give it a couple of days, the models will catch on and bring the storm back, We'll have good consensus by Wed night.

The bar is open, its happy hour because its Xmas eve, and we are gonna celebrate this right thru the next 2-3 weeks.

Don't worry, be happy

It's obviously setting up to be a Christmas gift. Models bring the storm back by tomorrow Christmas morning

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You know what would boost spirits exponentially? Picking up 1" on wed. Euro tried to do it today. We've done well with sneaky no-nothings becoming a little sumpin sump'n. That's some teknal analamasis right der

Oh so that's how you spell that? Lol And while the sneaky events are nice little surprises...it'll take more than an inch to lift the snow spirits, lol

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Late weak deal obviously got worse but miller A signal Jan 3-6th. Under 15 days!

KDCA_2017122412_forecast_EPS_precip_360.

eps_mslp_anom_noram_288.png

Most of our biggest events had a small system before them (Jan 22-24 with that Jan 21st clipper, or Feb 5-6 with the Feb 3rd wet snowfall), so maybe this is the case, and we get a couple inches of powdery snow on Friday to lay the groundwork :lol:

Just now, Cobalt said:

Most of our biggest events had a small system before them (Jan 22-24 with that Jan 21st clipper, or Feb 5-6 with the Feb 3rd wet snowfall), so maybe this is the case, and we get a couple inches of powdery snow in Friday to lay the groundwork :lol:

Yes, that is often the case. I would mention a few others but I'm guessing you're a little to young to remember. 

Just now, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Cool, models are right where we want them at the day 5-6 range. The cold may be overdone, so that would move everything north. I'd be interested in seeing what the pattern change is, 5/6 days have been +9 or greater. 

For once, I agree with you. Cold is typically overdone, but I don't agree with you that the cold ends and leads to historic warmth (+30 departures) like you said. This winter has proven to be much different compared to the past 2 winters as of now. More abundant cold. This means that we should be able to nickel and dime our way to climo (or maybe launch our way to climo with the Miller A Jan 3-6th?). Cold should come and go, and it looks like we even have a chance of January being colder than average, along with December. If I were to guess, Feb will be +1-2 departure for the month.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived