northern and PAC energy stream. Due to the complexity of
interaction of PAC/northern stream energies in the sensitivity
region (with potential approaching wave packet) Along The
BC/AK coast predictability is too low to say whether the
favored major coastal storm scenarios of the previous couple of
days or favored current offshore track is correct. Both
scenarios are in play at this 5 to 6 day out juncture. With a
strong signal for northern stream jet amplification down into
the SE US, chance pops are warranted at this point.

So glad I purposefully tuned this one out a couple days ago until it got closer. Way too easy to get attached to day 7 solutions, positive or negative, when they have virtually zero chance of verifying.

I am disappointed that I missed a scooter frosty melt though. And I see tip is back, that's good.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That Euro run was nuts.  ~950mb low when it hits our latitude offshore.  With a pressure that low, we would see a pretty expansive precip shield thrown back west.  This will be fun to watch play out over  the long weekend.

Wow, had not looked at the run yet. What a powder keg at H5. 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

LOL.  One saving grace right now is this is so far east that I feel there is only so far west it can go before it gets swept up by the ULL swinging through.  Perhaps as far as what we saw on Thursdays runs.

Yeah true. But, Srn vorts traversing the GOM...look out. Seen it before. Anyways I was not trying to imply rain...just saying western folks probably should be watching very close.

I think many of us (only speaking for self) take this site for granted. Collectively it's a rare occurrence that a threat doesn't verify from pay-dirt to whiffs. The riches  are found in every post. Back to my favorite storm threat. A huge Ocean tempest that backs-in. A surprise to many but the threat continues. Admittedly fun to watch unfold from afar. 

Just now, ROOSTA said:

I think many of us (only speaking for self) take this site for granted. Collectively it's a rare occurrence that a threat doesn't verify from pay-dirt to whiffs. The riches  are found in every post. Back to my favorite storm threat. A huge Ocean tempest that backs-in. A surprise to many but the threat continues. Admittedly fun to watch unfold from afar. 

ROOSTA- I saw something that Tampa area could receive snow late this week; it has cooled off down here considerably the last few days

Archived